Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 8a - 5p, no weekends, holidays or on call. Will work with patients in the southeast Ohio area: Muskingum, Guernsey and Morgan counties.
Provides comprehensive community health nursing services to women and their families as part of the NFP program. Adheres to the NFP model, and to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP, The Center for Family Safety and Healing, and Nationwide Children's Hospital. Practices professional nursing and promotes patient advocacy in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and maintains a current Ohio Nursing License.
The moment you walk through our doors, you feel it. When you meet our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are integrated into our core values and practices. We are passionate about building, sustaining and evolving an inclusive and equitable environment. We are seeking individuals who live these values and want to share their experiences and efforts in support of our collective mission.
We’re 14,000 strong. And it takes every one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids around the world we’ll never meet. Kids who live healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
- Provides home visits to women and their families for the duration of the NFP program.
- Delivers individualized, comprehensive care across the six programmatic domains: personal health, environmental health, life course development, maternal role, family & friends, and health & human services.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that promotes productivity, mentoring, teamwork and cooperation. Actively participates in case conferences, team meetings, one to one supervision, and departmental meetings.
- Stays informed of current healthcare developments, trends, and professional development to provide safe, quality nurse home visiting services
- Provides education, support, and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining their targeted goal
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to see, hear, stand, walk, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or without accommodation, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty. Must be able to independently lift up to 50 lbs. The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Note: Regular, reliable and consistent attendance is an essential job function. Employees are expected to perform work as scheduled. Please see the physical requirements for this position listed below.