Biostatistician I or II- Research Biostatistician
Full Time; Benefit Eligible
We are seeking a Biostatistician- The Biostatistics Resource at Nationwide Children's Hospital (BRANCH) is an extension of The Ohio State University's Center for Biostatistics. BRANCH is the centralized resource for biostatistics expertise at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. Our goal is to bolster the quality of research conducted within NCH and The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s. This person is responsible for collaborating with various investigators on clinical and basic science research. Day-to-day work will include assisting with study design, performing statistical analyses, preparation of statistical reports including tables and figures, and writing statistical methods and results sections of manuscripts and grants.
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 13,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
What Will You Be Doing?
What Are We Looking For?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess these minimum qualifications and experience:
• Master of Science degree in Biostatistics or Statistics or Bachelor degree in Biostatistics or Statistics
• Excellent organizational, communication and self-management skills
• 1 – 2 years work experience as a biostatistician in a healthcare-related setting for MSc, minimum 5 years for BSc. Excellent knowledge of General Linear Mixed Models (GLMM), factor analysis, structural equation modeling and cluster analysis.
• Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis software, such as SAS, STATA, R, and/or SPSS.
• Comprehensive knowledge of various research designs and types of statistical analyses, with ability to learn new approaches as needed.
• Ability to work independently with minimal instructions.
Your Benefits, Your Wellness:
As an employer, Nationwide Children’s recognizes the importance of the benefits we offer. We also recognize the importance of balancing your work and personal needs. Our benefits and Employee Wellness package is designed to:
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.