Clinical Research Coordinator RN
(Clinical Research Services)
Shift: Days 8am -5pm
Research experience not required
Works with the study physician to ensure all patients involved in a clinical research trial are managed uneventfully, safely, and as effectively as possible through their episode of care and participation in the clinical research trial, ensuring patient care is not compromised while participating in the trial. Manages all elements of a clinical research trial in order to meet all protocol obligations while following applicable regulations; Code of Federal Regulations Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization GCP guidelines; state regulations and departmental/institutional standard operating procedures.
• Plans, implements, educates and evaluates care plan using Evidence-Based Practices in accordance with the requirements of the study protocol
• Provides nursing care using a Family Centered approach throughout their clinical study participation while maintaining quality and safety as a priority. Delegates, directs, oversees and provides developmentally appropriate patient care. Practices professional nursing and promotes patient advocacy in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses and maintains a current Ohio Nursing License
• Collaborates effectively and communicates patient care needs/expectations/priorities related to clinical trial participation to all involved care providers including unit nursing staff, attending physician, ancillary service providers (radiology, cardiology, physical therapy, pharmacy, etc.) to facilitate positive patient outcomes both in clinical care and in clinical trial participation
• Completes and manages all procedural, data, regulatory and training elements associated with clinical research project implementation, execution and close out to ensure participant safety, data integrity and compliance with all applicable regulations.
Note: Regular, reliable and consistent attendance is an essential job function. Employees are expected to perform work as scheduled. Please see the physical requirements for this position listed below.
BSN, Associates degree with commitment to obtain BSN within 5 years of hire.
Licensure Requirement: Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
Experience: 6-12 months clinical nursing experience; research experience preferred but not required.
1. CPR; willing to obtain and maintain NRP and PALS certification as determined by management.
2. Certification by the Association of Clinical Research Professionals or Society of Clinical Research Administrators preferred or to be obtained within two (2) years of hire.
1. Demonstrated proficiency in clinical nursing skills, (i.e.: venipuncture, IV starts and injections);
2. Understanding of medical terminology, clinical trials preferred
3. Working knowledge of PCs, word processing, and data management software
4. Strong verbal, written, interpersonal communication
5. Goal-oriented; self-directive, initiation, self-motivation, creativity, flexibility
6. Excellent organizational, attention to detail and prioritization skills
7. Ability to actively participate as a team player
Minimum Physical Requirements:
• Sitting Continuously (67-100%)
• Standing/Walking Frequently (34-66%)
• Computer Skills/Repetitive Hand/Arm Use Continuously (67-100%)
• Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling up to 100 lbs or greater Occasionally (1-33%)
• Problem Solving/Decision Making/Interpreting Data Frequently (34-66%)
• Work on or with Blood/Body Fluids, Communicable Diseases/Pathogens, Chemicals/Medications, Biohazard Waste, Hot/Cold Temperatures Occasionally (1-33%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.