HomeVisit RN - Center for Family Safety and Healing & Research Institute
Full Time- Salaried Nursing Position
Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
The Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) nurse home visitor is responsible for providing comprehensive community health nursing services to women and their families eligible for the NFP program. The nurse home visitor is responsible for maintaining highest standards in clinical practice and adherence to the NFP model. The nurse home visitor is responsible for adherence to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and TCFSH at Nationwide Children?s Hospital. In addition, the NFP RN HOME VISITOR assists the NFP RN CLINICAL LEADER in supervising clinical operations, planning, evaluating and controlling program services and ensuring that internal and external standards are met.
1. Expertly uses and serves as a resource for the nursing process, Standards of Care, clinical pathways, and TCFSH NFP Program specific competencies, to:
a. Assists in recruitment of women and their families eligible for the NFP program.
b. Provide home visits to women and their families eligible for the NFP program.
c. Attend and complete all NFP required trainings and adhere to the NFP model of home visitation.
d. Successfully achieve reliability with NCAST Feeding and Teaching Scales.
e. Develop therapeutic relationships with women and their families in a home visiting environment with a case load of up to 25 clients.
f. Assess physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the NFP domains.
g. Assist women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes.
h. Completes required documentation of cases/client load within require timelines.
i. Provide education, support and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining their targeted goals.
j. Consult and collaborates with other professionals involved in providing services to women and families.
k. Cooperates in review and analysis of the ETO reports for achievements and areas for improvement.
l. Perform related duties as assigned or required.
2. Provides effort in accomplishing the goals of the TCFSH NFP Program by:
a. Support of policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and TCFSH.
b. As requested/required, participate in community coalition in support of NFP.
c. As requested/required, promote public awareness of NFP.
d. Development and maintenance of community relationships to support client referrals.
e. Provision of information to support staff for timely and accurate data input to the NFP ETO system.
3. Maintains professional standards and serves as a role model by setting professional goals and participating in activities to meet goals such as:
a. Staying informed of current health care developments within field of maternal/child health, public health, and home visitation.b. Establishing and recording progress toward annual goals.
4. Participates in TCFSH NFP program meetings and hospital meetings as required by NFP RN CLINICAL LEADER.
5. Participates in Hospital and community educational activities.
6. Identifies educational needs and plans and presents classes: a. Peer review b. Serves as a preceptor/resource c. Orientation and continuing education d. Clinical competency assessment.
7. Provides assistance to and coverage for the NFP RN CLINICAL LEADER
8. Accepts and supports change in a positive manner.
9. Performs activities related to staff management: a. Time and attendance as appropriate b. Scheduling as appropriate c. Incident report follow-up d. Performance appraisal e. Competency assessment
1. EDUCATION: BSN (required) preferred.
2. LICENSURE: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
3. Two years recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or equivalent combination of education/experience preferred.
4. Valid drivers license and insured automobile required
5. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends6. Basic computer skills
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
8. Bilingual highly desirable
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Must be able to see, hear, stand, walk, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or withoutaccommodation, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty.Must be able to independently lift up to 50 lbs.The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.