Come work for an organization where everything matters.
Part-time position, working 36 hours per week, Night Shift/ 7pm-7am, Eligible for Full-time benefits
Looking for candidates that has leadership skills, ability to collaborate with others, knowledge of policies and procedures, and enthusiastic about patient safety and quality.
The RN Clinical Leader meets the Care Manager responsibilities and
competencies in assisting patients to move rapidly, uneventfully, safely, and as
effectively as possible through their episode of care. The RN Clinical Leader
prescribes, delegates, supervises and provides patient care, plans for education,
collaborates on plan for discharge and provides for patient safety and quality.
Demonstrates competencies defined in the RN CLINICAL LEADER
responsibilities in providing age-appropriate care to patients from the age of birth
through 21 years, and select adult patients.
In addition, the RN Clinical Leader assists the Program Manager/Coordinator in
supervising clinical operations, planning, evaluating and controlling program
services and ensuring that internal and external standards are met.
1. Expertly uses and serves as a resource for the nursing process, evidenced
based practice and unit specific competencies to:
a. Complete the admission assessment.
b. Document a plan of care including patient outcome parameters and nursing
c. Delegate patient care.
d. Evaluate patient care and patient’s response/progress.
e. Reassess patients and revise plan of care as appropriate.
f. Supervise patient care.
g. Plan discharge.
h. Plan, provide, delegate, and evaluate patient/family education.
i. Collaborate effectively with all health care disciplines to facilitate patient
2. Communicates patient care needs/expectations/priorities to assigned
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Patient Care Assistants (PCAs), unit
assistants, and allied health personnel.
3. Effectively relates and interacts with patient, families, and health care team
and serves as a role model for others.
4. Functions effectively as a Charge Nurse and oversees and manages unit
5. Maintains professional standards and serves as a role model by setting
professional goals and participating in activities to meet goals.
6. Manages shift operations within unit/department budgetary standards.
a. Performs daily staffing, scheduling within budget parameters.
b. Analyzes data to justify and/or correct variances.
7. Provides leadership by delegating and supervising unit maintenance
a. Pyxis and charge data collection.
b. Infection control activities
c. e-Chart education
d. Safety and quality activities
8. Delegates and enlists staff participation in Patient Care Services and Hospital
a. Policy/procedure review and revision.
b. Helping Hand review and revision.
c. Patient/family advocacy
d. Shared governance
9. Serves as chairperson for committees and meetings. Participates in Division
and Hospital committees.
10. Participates in Hospital and community educational activities. Identifies
educational needs and plans and presents classes.
a. Peer review
b. Serves as a preceptor/resource
c. Orientation and continuing education
d. Clinical competency assessment
11. Coordinates research, patient safety, quality improvement activities, and
12. Provides assistance to and coverage for the Program Manager/Coordinator.
13. Plans and coordinates program activities to meet regulatory standards
a. Environmental rounds
b. Occupational Safety and Health Administration
c. Joint Commission
d. Ohio Department of Health
14. Performs activities related to cluster/staff management:
a. Time and attendance
c. Event report follow-up
d. Performance appraisal
e. Competency assessment
f. Corrective action/work improvement planning
g. Interviewing of prospective staff
15. Plans, implements and evaluates program changes.
16. Practices professional nursing in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. B.S.N. required.
2. Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
3. Certification preferred.
4. Three years pediatric clinical experience or equivalent combination of
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Note frequency as Constantly (67-100%), Frequently (34-66%) and Occasionally
(0-33%) for each requirement. Also note any lifting requirements with pound
Talking on phone/in person
Typing on a keyboard
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of
work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so
classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to
assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.