Full Time, Benefits Eligible
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
The Administrative Support III is responsible for performing a wide variety of complex clerical and administrative tasks for the Director of the Department/Division. Works with highly confidential information, and under minimal supervision. May work for multiple departments and/or supervisory functions.
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Performs administrative duties for department director/manager and staff members: types correspondence, report, surveys, tabulations and statistical data; prepares charts, transparencies and slides for meetings and presentation; organizes material and determines format as requested.
2. Places, receives and screens telephone calls; greets visitors; schedules appointments, and meeting rooms; coordinates business luncheons and handles travel arrangements.
3. Establishes filing system and maintains departmental and department head's office and reference files. Periodically screens and purges obsolete files.
4. Plans, researches, organizes, analyzes and completes special projects within specific department/division or facility as a whole.
5. Participates in documentation processes, obtaining, compiling, maintaining and issuing necessary records, reports, data or lists, ensuring accuracy of content and correct distribution.
6. Orders office supplies and equipment; notifies proper personnel when office equipment is in need of repair.
7. Prepares and processes bills for payment.
8. Directs or assists in training less experienced personnel. Assigns and directs certain work to others. Provides supervision to less experienced personnel.
9. Assists other departmental staff as needed.10. May staff CHI or subsidiary Board of Trustee committee.11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. High school diploma or equivalent with business coursework preferred.
2. Three to five years secretarial experience.
3. Skill in composing letters, memos, and other correspondence.
4. Effective communication and interpersonal skills required.
5. Skills in operating a personal computer, and wordprocessor. Must be familiar with various software packages (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
6. Ability to work with highly confidential materials.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Sitting for extended periods Constantly (67-100%)
Talking on the phone/in person Constantly
Typing on a computer keyboard Constantly
Standing/walking Occasionally (0-33%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.