Part Time. Hours are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 7:30 AM - 1:30 PM. Tuesdays 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
Under the general supervision of the Security Systems Analyst and Security Director, the Access Control Specialist will maintain the security access for staff and guests within the security access and visitor management systems.
Why Nationwide Children's:
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Interacts with and provides security access control and parking assistance to employees and visitors. Answers department telephones and corresponds to messages via email. 2. Issues employee cardkey identification badges as well as guest worker sticker badges. Trains security personnel in taking photos and creating access control identification badges.
3. Assigns security access level rights to employee cardkey identification badges. Provides programming support for security badge readers. Trains security personnel in the assignment of security access levels.
4. Calculates parking charges for all non-employee associates and sets up billing in the system for Finance.
5. Retrieve cardkey activity reports for management and Human Resources when requested.
6. Advises the Security Director on cardkey and parking issues.
7. Works with the Parking Manager to coordinate parking billing process, and provides parking assistance to staff and visitors.
8. Provides scheduling, data entry, and other administrative support to the Security management staff as needed.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Minimum education level of high school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Ability to read and comprehend hospital/departmental policies and procedures.
3. Basic word processing and computer data entry skills required.
4. Sufficient interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all persons, regardless of position, ethnic, or economic status.
5. Must have good organizational and time management skills.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
No physical limitations to preclude sitting in office, at computer station (constantly).
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.