Part Time Position; 32 hours per week; Benefits Eligible
Hours: 10am-6:30pm or 2pm-10:30pm; Every other weekend availability required
This is a point of sale, cashier/general service food handling position.
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
• Operate cash register accurately and return change to customers correctly.
• Responsible for initial cash register bank and sales receipts of up to $1500 per day.
• Accurately counts monies, returns bank to registers forwards sales receipts to Retail Manager.
• Greets and serves customers.
• Fills customer orders in a timely manner.
• Stocks supplies from storage into display cases and serving area.
• Serve food in all areas.
• Preps and produces food to Coffee Bar customer orders.
• Maintains sanitation standards of the department and outside regulatory agencies (JCAH, ODH), thorough the cleaning and sanitizing of all equipment, tables, chairs, floors, walls, etc.
• Operates, maintains, and sanitizes dishmachine.
• Operates, maintains and sanitizing various small equipment pertinent to food services (scales, cash registers, slicers, knives, steamtable, grill, toaster, coffee pots, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Knowledge of safe food handling practices.
2. Knowledge of accurate money handling procedures.
3. Knowledge of sanitation standards.
4. Ability to lift, stand, walk up to eight hours per day.
5. Excellent communication skills to interact with public.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Walking/standing Constantly (66-100%)