The Purchasing Specialist works under the supervision of the Purchasing Manager and is responsible for maintaining the efficient flow of purchase order requisitions, information and assisting with the placing of routine orders. This position acts as a liaison between Purchasing and vendor representatives, communicating and resolving discrepancies that may occur.
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Places orders for routine items.
2. Utilizes Lawson for data entry, reporting tools and monitoring/updating purchase order activity.
3. Processes and expedites rush orders, service orders and procurement card orders.
4. Maintains and updates the MMIS system with vendor information and purchase order information.
5. Confirms orders and order details and updates purchase order as necessary.
6. Resolves customer concerns or directs to appropriate department personnel.
7. Works with Receiving personnel and customers to address concerns and resolve issues.
8. Processes returns and communicates with vendor, dock and customer as needed.
9. Communicates order issues (backorder, price discrepancies, product changes) to appropriate personnel.
10. Verifies availability of product or service and establishes delivery dates.
11. Monitors and expedites open orders and invoice discrepancies.
12. Performs miscellaneous duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
High school graduate or equivalent required. Good typing skills required. The ability to multi-task in a high energy work environment.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Position requires ability to talk, listen and type.
Position requires the ability to interact effectively with customers and information systems personnel across the organization.
Work requires regularly proofreading and checking documents for accuracy and inputting and/or retrieving words or data into or from an automated computer system.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.