The Administrative Student is responsible for providing assistance to IGM and NCH staff on analyzing, improving, and monitoring current IGM business processes, with specific focus on inventory management techniques and supply chain functions.
**10-25 hours per week based on needs of department, schedule may vary week-to-week**
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Assists with IGM space analysis and “5S”
2. Contributes to establishment of current state inventory
3. Organizes inventory data
4. Identifies challenges with current business processes and assists with determining efficient solutions
5. Ensures procedures are compliant with organizational and regulatory standards
6. Attends inventory management related meetings
7. Monitors implemented solutions
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Reports to: IGM Administrative Director
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Bachelor’s Degree. Major in Business related field preferred.
2. Knowledge of lean principles.
3. Competency in Microsoft excel.
4. Good interpersonal communication skills.
5. Analytical and problem solving skills.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality and work independently.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Standing for long periods Occasionally
2. Reaching/stretching Occasionally
3. Walking Occasionally
4. Talking on the phone/in person Occasionally
5. Typing on a keyboard Occasionally
6. Lifting 25 lbs or more Occasionally
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. EOE M/F/Disability/Vet