This successful candidate will design experiments and develop protocols to conduct research in biomedical engineering, specifically signal analysis and processing of large biological data sets (brain, movement). From the results of studies, helps to develop hypotheses for further investigation. Prepares technical materials such as abstracts, annual reports, scientific papers and presentations. Publishes scientific articles in appropriate refereed journals. Effectively provide daily oversight to other team members, participation in the evaluation of employees and the evaluation of equipment and methods.
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Provides technical guidance and training to other members of the team
2. Provides daily oversight of team members; provides input with evaluation of staff, equipment and methods
3. Designs experiments and develops protocols required to conduct productive research in audio engineering. After the study has been designed, performs the research work in accordance with the protocol.
4. Records and analyzes data generated by the research study and helps to plan future research endeavors.
5. Designs new analytical frameworks in collaboration with experts in computational modeling.
6. Prepares scientific and technical papers from the results of the research work. Publishes papers in appropriate refereed scientific journals. Presents findings at local (particularly RI research meetings) and national research forums.
7. If appropriate, collaborates with other ongoing research efforts either at RI or at The Ohio State University.
• Ph.D in Biomedical Engineering required.
• At least 10 years experience since first professional degree in biomedical engineering (Master’s or above)
• Experience with interactions in hospital systems required.
• Experience in leadership of research teams preferred.
• Experience with business aspects of technology development preferred.
• Technical skills must include:
1. Ability to program fluently in Python
2. Familiarity with Cartool EEG analysis software
3. Expertise in EEG analysis of auditory data
• Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills required to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and external contacts.
Ability to maintain confidential information.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Percent of time spent on:
25% Developing clinical diagnostic procedures
25% Developing research technologies
25% Troubleshooting and performing repairs/preventive maintenance on GC, GC/MS, and HPLC equipment
10% Prepare and serve as PI on various grants
03% Purchasing supplies
02% Miscellaneous paperwork associated with research
Minimum physical requirements:
100% Kneeling / reaching
100% Finger dexterity
100% Talking / hearing / seeing
33% Lifting / carrying weight 0-20 pounds for 1-5 minutes
Pressure in this position will vary depending on the workload. The workload will be heavy but manageable most of the time. Pressure may arise in the face of deadlines associated with grants, required documentation related to the physician’s OSU faculty appointment, etc.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. EOE M/F/Disability/Vet