This is a contingent position, working as needed
Non benefits eligible
The mission of the Speech Pathology Department is to provide preventative evaluative, and therapeutic services in communication to children and their families. A Speech-Language Pathologist screens and/or evaluates speech, language, oral motor skills, swallowing, and cognition, scores and interprets tests, plans and provides therapeutic intervention, provides parent education, and communicates with outside agencies and referral sources. The Speech-Language Pathologist demonstrates competencies defined (*) in Speech-Language Pathologist?s responsibilities in providing age-appropriate care to patients from the age of birth through 21 years, and select adult patients.
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
The Agency Speech Pathologist supports, communicates, implements and enforces the philosophy, mission, values, standards, policies and procedures of Nationwide Children's Hospital.
1. *Completes Speech screens
2. *Completes Speech Evaluation
3. *Completes Language Evaluation
4. *Completes Cognitive screen
5. *Completes Cognitive Evaluation
6. *Completes Oral Motor Assessment
7. *Completes Dysphagia Evaluation
8. *Completes Voice Evaluation
9. *Completes Fluency Evaluation
10. * Completes Auditory Processing Evaluation
11. *Completes Hearing Screens
12. *Complete Cochlear Implant Evaluation
13. Scores and interprets tests
14. Completes documentation of services in accordance with departmental standard for timeliness
15. *Plans individual therapy
16. *Plans group therapy
17. *Set measurable treatment goals
18. *Provides individual therapy according to POC
19. *Provides group therapy
20. *Provides parent education
21. Provides referral sources
22. Communicates with outside agencies
23. Provides instruction to Medical Residents, Medical Students, Nurses, and Speech Pathology students.
24. Maintains Ohio Licensure
25. Maintains ASHA Accreditation
26. Performs miscellaneous duties and scheduled requirements as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
2. Valid Ohio License in Speech Pathology
3. Certification in Speech Pathology from the American Speech Language Hearing Association
4. Previous pediatric experience desirable
5. CPR certification must be received no later than 60 days post hire or 60 days post expiration.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSStanding/Walking Constantly (67-100%)Independently Lifting/Carrying up to 15 pounds FrequentlyIndependently Lifting/Carrying up to 50 pounds Occasionally (0-33%)Finger Dexterity Constantly (67-100%)Kneeling FrequentlyBending/Stooping FrequentlyReaching FrequentlyTalking/Hearing/Seeing Constantly Pushing/Pulling Frequently The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. EOE M/F/Disability/Vet