Full Time/Benefits Eligible
Monday - Friday 10 AM - 6 PM
The Parking Attendant is responsible for assisting the public with questions in the parking areas including, but not limited to helping to use the pay-on-foot stations, directions within hospital and conducting minor repairs to equipment. They will also operate gates and parking equipment to alleviate any backups in the parking areas. They may obtain cash from department vault, counting money at end of shift; attending and performing miscellaneous related duties. This position frequently works outside and can be exposed to the elements.
Why Nationwide Children's:
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Assist public within the parking areas.
2. Instructs on the usage of the pay-on-foot stations and pay-in-lane stations.
3. Operates parking equipment.
4. Conduct minor repairs of parking equipment and gates.
5. Coverage of lots, garages, cashier booths when necessary.
6. Collects payment from customers and gives change when necessary.
7. Obtains cash from department vault; places cash in vault when necessary.
8. Performs miscellaneous cleaning and stocking of the parking areas when necessary.
9. Performs duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, skills and abilities required
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Experience in assisting and presenting a friendly image to the public.
3. Ability to operate cash register and coin changer.
4. Ability to complete paperwork and balance revenue in a shift.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Standing Constantly (66-100%)
Finger dexterity Constantly (67-100%)
Seeing Constantly (67-100%)
The above list of duties are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.