This position will support Grant Setup in Accounting in the Research Institute
The Accountant/Data Analyst is primarily responsible for activity and budget set up in addition to general accounting duties.
1. Responsible for personnel and operating budgets and activity set up in general ledger software:
• Reviews Notice of Award to ensure proper activity set up.
• Establishes activity record in accounting system.
• Manages new budgets and adjustments to existing budgets.
• Prepares analysis and management reports as needed.
• Manages award modifications and/or amendments to awards.
2. Responsible for Administrative tasks in Lawson (general ledger software):
• Enters new users into the Research Institute Accounting system.
• Monitors purchase order errors that involve access issues.
3. Performs other General accounting duties including and monitoring missing information, reconciliations, audit schedules, etc., in the accounting system.
4. Works closely with the Award Setup Supervisor, Research Business Coordinators, Sr. Accountants and Accountants on issues related to responsibilities.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required or relative experience
2. Zero to two years’ experience in accounting preferred or equivalent experience. Fund accounting experience preferred.
3. Windows based integrated accounting software experience and strong aptitude for other software programs including Microsoft Office suite required.
4. Analytical and organizational skills required to identify and resolve operational issues (procedural or systems).
5. Strong interpersonal, customer service, written and oral communications skills.
6. Ability to maintain confidential information.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Note frequency as Constantly (67-100%), Frequently (34-66%) and Occasionally (0-33%) for each requirement. Also note any lifting requirements with pound limit. *Sitting – Constantly Manual dexterity, typing - Constantly Talking on the phone or in person - Frequently Bending, stooping - Occasionally Walking - Occasionally Lifting items > l5lbs - Rarely
The Pressure in this position will vary depending on the workload. The workload will be heavy but manageable most of the time. Pressure may arise in the face of deadlines associated with activity setup, etc. The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.