Full Time/Benefits Eligible
The LIS Programmer Analyst is responsible for helping maintain the operation and maintenance of the laboratory information systems (databases and hardware), assisting with implementation of system software and/or hardware changes, and serving as a resource to users regarding application functionality. An LIS Programmer Analyst provides support and leadership for all Laboratory Medicine staff by assisting with training, providing input and feedback on proposed work flows. An LIS Programmer Analyst is expected to set the example in performing all job duties.
Why Nationwide Children's:
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Assists with planning, designing, developing, implementing, monitoring and supporting all information systems and databases to meet assigned customer needs
2. Develops and implements data queries and reports as needed
3. Demonstrates knowledge of and upholds applicable laws and regulations related to position. Maintains knowledge of techniques, procedures, and protocols, lab-wide and within lab section. Reviews and acknowledges procedures as required.
4. Provides written documentation, policies and procedures to implement and support all new and existing applications, and updates them as needed.
5. Maintains all databases, creates reports and interface test scripts.
6. Develops customer and system documentation as required and provides effective user training and support.
7. Performs system updates, patches, service releases, and upgrades as needed.
8. Performs and documents all assigned tasks and other duties as assigned
9. Implements and validates all new and/or upgraded interfaces, hardware, and applications
10. Demonstrates proficiency in all lab applications in areas of responsibilities
11. Demonstrates the initiative and ability to provide feedback that is useful and assists in individual improvement.
Promotes a cohesive work environment and identifies resolutions to improve moral.
12. Maintains strict confidentiality of data and hospital information (as protected by law).
13. Understands and demonstrates Nationwide Children's Staff Core Competencies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Bachelor Degree in related Computer Science areas or Laboratory Science areas or equivalent experience preferred but applicable work experience will be considered.
2. At least 3 years of Laboratory or Information Technology experience required. Experience in laboratory or health care environments preferred.
3. Ability to work flexible schedules to meet job requirements; requires periodic after-hours support and some overnight travel.
4. Expectation that support analyst will be fully trained and ready to assume on-call responsibilities on a rotating basis within 2 years of hire
5. Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and communicate effectively with department staff and internal/external customers.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to stand or sit for more than 1 hour at a time. Good visual and auditory acuity. Full use of hands and arms. Ability to speak clearly. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.