We are seeking a Biostatistician in Neonatology/Perinatal Research: Bachelor's or Master's level
Conducts sponsored research for the Neonatal and Infant Feeding Disorders (NIFD) Program under the supervision of Dr. Sudarshan Jadcherla, Principal Investigator. The individual will also prepare position papers and research reports; assist in the preparation of scientific publications and research grant proposals. The qualified individual must possess a strong knowledge of math and biostatistics and is willing to learn new methods and techniques.
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Conducts sponsored research studies and laboratory analysis in a specific area agreed upon in conjunction with the principal investigator.
2. Develops hypothesis testing strategies and statistical models appropriate for the field of study.
3. Collects and analyzes data in accordance with appropriate statistical procedures, and prepares reports, inclusive graphs, tables and figures of the results of studies.
4. Writes programs using statistical software and other programming languages.
5. Develops and prepares new statistical programs targeted at needs of ongoing projects.
6. Collaborate with other statisticians at outside institutions.
7. Assists in the preparation of scientific publications and grant proposals with regard to the NIFD program.
8. Serves as a resource for other members of the lab in the area of statistics.
1. Master’s with 2-3 years’ working experience Biostatistics or Statistics
2. Competence with SAS program is desirable
3. Must be able to use research methods in generating and collecting data, managing databases, and analyzing the data for report preparation
4. Must be computer literate and be able to use advanced statistical software such as SAS, SPSS and MatLab
5. Should be able to assist in preparation of research grant proposals and scientific publications.
6. Excellent oral and written English communication skills
7. Demonstrates competency in MS Office, Office XP, common business desktop office products.
8. Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and document
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Typing on a computer keyboard Frequently Required to sit for extended periods of time Frequently Works in an open, partitioned environment
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.