Come work for an organization where everything matters.
Part-time position, Working 16 hours per week, Flexible days, Day Shift/7am-3:30pm
Looking for candidates with at least 3 years of nursing experience and at least a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Must have patient care experience with Chemo and Clinical studies.
Starting minimum payrate: $26.190/hr
The Clinical Beacon Analyst is responsible for building treatment plans for clinical research. The Clinical Beacon Analyst will have a thorough understanding of Beacon and Epic as well as knowledge of research protocols, road maps, and clinical care. A Clinical Beacon Analyst provides leadership, training and support for staff using the Beacon products in their daily work. The analyst will work directly with the research staff, physicians, pharmacists and nursing to provide the staff with the necessary information to care for each patient according to the research protocols and non-research protocols.
1. Systems Analysis and Support
· Plans, designs, develops, tests, implements, and supports Epic/Beacon protocols to meet organizational needs.
· Provides customer service to define business needs and translate those needs into system functionality requirements.
· Provides analysis on system design specifications and system/product evaluation in conjunction with IS Beacon team for upgrades and care concerns coming from Epic Wisconsin.
· Develops and implements data queries and reports as needed.
· Helps to provide effective user training and support.
· Provides troubleshooting, problem analysis, and resolution of Beacon system issues.
· Helps maintain templates in sharepoint for design/build of protocols.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Knowledgeable of and adheres to Nationwide Children’s Hospital policies, processes, procedures, standards, and guidelines governing privacy, security, and disaster recovery/business continuity.
· Develops, implements, and/or maintains systems following IS Information Assurance policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines and industry standards to address security, privacy, and disaster recovery/business continuity needs to protect Nationwide Children’s Hospital information and resources at established, defined levels.
· Actively protects sensitive, classified, and confidential information.
· Uses and accesses systems and information only for authorized purposes and in accordance with security procedures and guidelines to perform job duties as assigned.
· Maintains individual accountability for security controls and measures (e.g., individual passwords are not shared with other users).
· Reports suspected security and/or privacy incidents following established Nationwide Children’s Hospital procedures.
· Follows established procedures to conduct reviews and audits of systems and information for assigned areas of responsibility.
· Maintains systems to keep information and resources secure and safe from known vulnerabilities.
· Provides leadership when working with other staff in functional or cross-functional teams to meet goals, objectives, and responsibilities.
· Sets the example in establishing and maintaining a professional demeanor and being accountable for their performance.
· Sets the example for establishing a team atmosphere within Hem/Onc/BMT and other Hospital departments by interacting with others in an honest and straightforward manner, listening to and valuing the opinions and ideas of others, sharing knowledge, and helping others to accomplish goals.
· Develops and maintains expert level knowledge and skills in technical and professional areas.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Bachelor Degree in Nursing is required. Masters degree in Nursing is
preferred. Registered Nurse must be licensed to practice in the State of Ohio.
2. Certification in Nursing Informatics through ANCC is desired.
3. Information systems experience required. Demonstrated knowledge of
documentation requirements and competence in the use of current on-line
4. Three to five years clinical experience required.
5. Strong communication skills required to articulate the process of patient care
delivery in the clinical environment, and to teach adult learners. Teaching or
mentoring experience preferred.
6. Strong analytical and organizational skills required to make recommendations
for automation of clinical processes.
7. Interpersonal skills necessary to provide effective leadership for system
responsibilities and to interact effectively with a variety of hospital departments,
clinicians, and outside vendors. Must be able to work effectively in groups.
8. Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Note frequency as Constantly (67-100%), Frequently (34-66%) and Occasionally (0-33%) for each requirement. Also note any lifting requirements with pound limit.
Sitting - Frequently
Stooping - Occasionally
Standing - Occasionally
Talking on the phone or in person – Occasionally
Walking – Occasionally
Position requires the ability to interact effectively with customers and information systems personnel across the organization.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.