Part Time; Variety of Shifts Available
The Room Service Ambassador reports to the Nutrition Services Coordinator and is responsible for serving the completed trays to the patients in a professional, efficient manner; instructing the patient on meal ordering system; assisting patient in placing meal orders if needed; assessing the patients capabilities to using the meal order system; and keeping the nursing unit floor pantry stocked.
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Serves meals to patients in a professional and efficient manner Mediates patient/family concerns regarding meal service.
* 2. Instructs patients and families on meal ordering system following an established script.
* 3. Delivers the correct menu (diet compliant) to the patient.
4. Assists patients and/or family members in placing meal orders.
* 5. Assesses patients ability to utilize the meal ordering system and follow up with appropriate staff member is unable to participate.
*6. Delivers between meal nourishments directly to patients.
7. Mediates patient/family concerns regarding meal service.
8. Orders and replenishes bulk floor supplies on nursing units.
9. Retrieves completed meals from patient?s rooms in a timely manner.
10. Records nutrient intake from meals accurately.
11. Communicates with members of other department effectively and concisely regarding patient support, issues, requests and other special situations.
12. Acts as liaison between Nutrition Services, the patient and nursing unit.
13. Demonstrates computer literacy.
14. Portions food items in proper containers utilizing proper portion sizes.
15. Creates a service culture.
16. Anticipates patient/team member needs and services them.
17. Takes ownership of a problem and ensures a positive outcome, follows up each problem until it comes to a resolution.
18. Serves as a quality assurance control point for every aspect of the room service program.
19. Participates as a team member.
20. Ensures all actions reflect the overall program service goals.
21. Assumes the role of a patient advocate regarding food services.
22. Demonstrates strong verbal and written skills.
23. Presents a professional appearance in the uniform prescribed by the department at all times.
24. Performs other duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. High School graduate with 3-6 months of food service experience preferred.
2. Ability to read, measure accurately and perform basic math skills
3. Ability to communicate to others in a clear concise manner
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Walking/standing Constantly (67-100%)
Ability to push heavy tray carts on patient units Frequently (34-66%)
Ability to lift and carry trays to patient rooms (10 - 20 lbs) Frequently (34-66%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.