The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
Systems Analysis and Support
- Supports small to medium departmental systems usually in only one or two departments.
- Provides basic system coding and programming as required.
- Develops and implements basic data queries and reports as needed.
- Coordinates IS resources for project and operational support.
- Develops customer and system documentation as required.
- Provides effective user training and support.
- Provides troubleshooting, problem analysis, debugging, and resolution of assigned system issues.
- Performs basic system updates, patches, service releases, and upgrades as needed.
IS Operational Support
- Utilizes IS Operational support systems to include Help Desk, Change Control, Problem Management, source and version control, and other systems as required and provides feedback and analysis to improve these systems.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships to ensure products meet the business needs and objectives of the Hospital.
- Works to minimize systems outages and the effects of outages on Hospital users by scheduling needed outages to provide minimal disruption of service to users, proactively monitor and analyze system performance to detect and resolve production system issues, and perform stringent system testing before implementing solutions.
- Provides fiscal responsibility for the use of Hospital resources by designing, implementing, and maintaining solutions to best utilize those resources in their area of responsibility.
- Knowledgeable of the Children’s Hospital IS Project Management Office (PMO) methodologies to include familiarity with defined project phases and project deliverables.
- Leads small projects that involve a limited number of IS departments or customers.
- Actively seeks assistance and guidance from the PMO on project execution.
- Knowledgeable of and adheres to Children’s Hospital policies, processes, procedures, standards, and guidelines governing privacy, security, and disaster recovery/business continuity.
- Actively protects sensitive, classified, and confidential information.
- Uses and accesses systems and information only for authorized purposes and in accordance with security procedures and guidelines to perform job duties as assigned.
- Maintains individual accountability for security controls and measures (e.g., individual passwords are not shared with other users).
- Reports suspected security and/or privacy incidents following established Children’s Hospital procedures.
- Develops, implements, and/or maintains systems following IS Information Assurance policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines and industry standards to address security, privacy, and disaster recovery/business continuity needs to protect Children’s Hospital information and resources at established, defined levels.
- Follows established procedures to conduct reviews and audits of systems and information for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintains systems to keep information and resources secure and safe from known vulnerabilities to include updating applications and systems with security patches and code updates, applying appropriate virus protection, and testing changes before placing into production environments.
- Assists Information Assurance staff in the development and refinement of Information Assurance standards, policies, procedures, processes, and guidelines.
Teamwork, Collaboration, and Professionalism
- Works with other IS staff in functional or cross-functional teams to meet goals, objectives, and responsibilities
- Maintains a professional demeanor in conducting job duties and accepts accountability for their performance.
- Fosters a team atmosphere within IS and other Hospital departments by interacting with others in an honest and straightforward manner, listening to and valuing the opinions and ideas of others, sharing knowledge, and helping others to accomplish goals.
- Develops and maintains technical and professional skill levels.