This position is responsible for ensuring registration is occurring accurately and in a timely manner. This includes coordinating activities and communicating with various departments who are affected by registration information. The supervisor initiates appropriate steps to resolve departmental, interdepartmental, and payer issues that affect registration process and information.
1. Supervises staff assigned to the work unit. Works with the manager in the hiring, terminating, and counseling of staff.
2. Oversees staff in a 24/7 operating department.
3. Collects and monitors employee?s productivity and quality.
4. Evaluates the performance of assigned staff and completes the Performance Appraisal form.
5. Documents and provides timely feedback regarding concerns received about staff's behavior or job performance.
6. Implements and enforces the department's policies and procedures.
7. Guides the department to meet the set goals and standards.
8. Schedule and conduct monthly team meetings.
9. Ensures time and attendance is completed for department each pay period for Patient Accounts.
10. Ensures appropriate staffing needs are maintained in all areas of the department.
11. Deals directly with various publics including patients, parents, third parties, vendors, management, and staff.
12. Acts as a liaison between department and other hospital departments in billing needs and requirements.
13. Stays abreast of, and educates staff on, governmental regulations, contract requirements, and anticipated future needs. Ensures that all unit staff is in compliance with governmental regulations.
14. Strives to further automate the department.
15. Strives to find solutions to hospital wide and department wide operational issues affecting the accounts receivable and/or customer service.
16. Develops staff to become empowered decision-makers.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Five years of experience in leadership / management position preferably in a healthcare environment.
3. Ability to effectively initiate and manage multi-disciplined projects.
4. Must be able to work and staff hours of operation.
5. Knowledge of medical terminology, various claim forms, third party contracts and payment patterns, CPT and ICD9 coding, and reimbursement regulations and policies of third party payers.
6. Detailed understanding of a managed care environment and its impact on the hospital's bottom line.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multi-disciplined projects and multiple people.
8. Excellent communication and customer service skills.
9. Working knowledge of mainframe admitting and billing computer systems ( EPIC preferred) and experience using Outlook, Word and Excel.
10. Demonstrated traits of teamwork, cooperation, and positive and enthusiastic role model.
11. Strong professional demeanor with the inherent quality to rapidly establish credibility and rapport with clinicians, managers and external groups.
12. Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for process improvement, identifies solutions and plan for and implement those same solutions.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Note frequency as Constantly (67-100%), Frequently (34-66%) and Occasionally (0-33%) for each requirement. Also note any lifting requirements with pound limit.
Talking on the phone/in person Constantly (67-100%)
Sitting Constantly (67-100%)
Independently able to lift up to 20 lbs. Occasionally (0-33%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.