Contingent Position; No set shifts
The Room Service Call Center reports to the Nutrition Services Coordinator. This position exists to obtain orders from patients and families via telephone in an efficient and timely manner; making sure accuracy and diet compliances are followed, and conducts report processing as directed.
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Obtains meal orders from patients and families via the telephone.
2. Enters meal orders into the system established for menu processing.
3. Processes reports/updates.
4. Verifies meal orders meet diet order parameters.
5. Able to process diet requisitions and ADT when needed.
6. Documents required information efficiently and consistently.
7. Coordinates Call Center processes with Production and Tray Assembly areas.
8. Mediates patient/family concerns regarding meal service.
9. Communicates with member of other department effectively and concisely.
10. Acts as a liaison between Nutrition Services, the patient, family and nursing unit.
11. Demonstrates computer literacy.
12. Creates service culture.
13. Anticipates patient/team member needs and services them.
14. Takes ownership of a problem and ensures a positive outcome, follows up each problem until it comes to a resolution.
15. Serves as a quality assurance control point for every aspect of the room service program.
16. Participates as a team member.
17. Ensures all actions reflect the overall program service goals.
18. Assumes the role of a patient advocate regarding food services.
19. Demonstrates strong verbal and written skills.
20. Presents a professional appearance in the uniform prescribed by the department at all times.
21. Contact dietitian after receiving completed Renal Meal Order Forms to obtain approval of meal selections for the following day. Enter data in CBORD database using RSPQ.
22. Printed required reports on time and place in appropriate Zone divider for Ambassador pick up. Process inventory requisition selecting the correct food, unit and portions issued.
23. Review requisitions printed in preparation for Ambassadors to deliver menus in a timely manner.
24. Performs other duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. High School graduate with 3 - 6 months of food service experience preferred.
2. Ability to use computer efficiently
3. Ability to communicate to others in a clear concise manner
4. Ability to use headset on phone, while placing order in computer
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Sitting Constantly (67-100%)
Typing on computer Constantly (67-100%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.