Sunday - Thursday 5am - 1:30pm Some overtime, On Call and Holiday RotationFast Pace 15,000 to 20,000 steps a day
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
The Materials Transporter is responsible for the following:
Restocking inventory supplies
Transporting equipment, linen and supplies
Filling customer requisitions
Maintaining files and records
Picking up and returning equipment, linen, and supplies from customers? Responding to emergencies and rush deliveries
Entering data into the computer
Pricing patient charge slips, and home going requests
Processing customer returns
Performing miscellaneous duties as assigned
Completion of shipping of hazardous materials training within 30 days of hire.
Training to be performed by Safety and Security liaison.The Materials Transporter position covers the Central Distribution section of Materials Management 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 day per year. In addition this position is required to work overtime and be on call to assure coverage 24 fours a day
1. Transports materials and equipment from Materials Management to user departments to include non-stock receipts and warehouse orders for supplies.
2. Delivers non-stock receipts from receiving dock staging area for designated route as assigned; combines routes and customer orders from staging areas of warehouse and Central Distribution; assures packing slips are attached to items; delivers orders, obtains proper signatures, and notes exceptions and returns.
3. Generates delivery log; enters delivery transactions in delivery log; reports exceptions to Materials Management Coordinator and/or Central Distribution Manager; signs and files delivery log at end of day.
4. Assists receivers in unloading trucks; checking in packages by comparing packing slip with product; attach computer generated packing slips to packages; places packages in the correct routes for delivery.
5. Transports restock bulk inventory from receiving dock or warehouse to breakdown area; restocks standard inventory in its proper location as indicated on put away worksheet; moves inventory to warehouse stock locations via pallet jack, or cart; separates inventory cases into units of issue and stages in appropriate receptacle or vehicle; applies patient charge information.
6. Transports inventory to shelf locations identified on computer worksheets and rotates inventory as new stock is put away, moving oldest inventory forward; documents discrepancies and routine information on worksheet and submits completed worksheet to appropriate person.
7. Picks warehouse stock replenishments for Central Distribution inventory based on replenishment list generated each morning from the computer; begins replenishment cycle each morning by keying in an order.
8. Fills customer requisitions, Pyxis stock out report or miscellaneous orders; pulls inventory from storage using appropriate equipment using pick tickets and packing slips and stage for pick-up or deliver supplies.
9. Restock Pyxis stations based on stock out report, document transaction and place documentation in keying slot in front office.
10. Price patient charge slips; process inventory returns; and process tube orders.
11. Clean equipment in decontamination per cleaning policy.
12. Transports material and equipment from user departments to Materials Management to include empty gas tanks, cart returns, soiled equipment pick-up and soiled linen collection.
13. Transports patient care equipment to patient care areas and documents transaction in Materials Transport log in front office; totals all transaction at end of shift; completes shift report book at end of each shift.
14. Responds to emergency and rush deliveries as assigned and documents transaction.
15. Cycle count inventory as identified by Materials Management Coordinator and/or Central Distribution Manager; generate cycle count form; record physical count on computer generated cycle count form; calculate adjustment expense on cycle count form; place completed form in Materials Management Coordinator?s mail box.
16. Maintains files and documentation in department.
17. Performs daily housekeeping duties established by department policy.
18. Performs duties of other shifts as needed.
19. Provide coverage and perform all duties of front office as needed; including answering phone; recording and documenting transactions; placing orders for special rental equipment; keying orders into computer; filing; sorting mail; communicating specific needs to other Materials Transporters.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
High School graduate or equivalent
Ability to understand general written instructions and prepare report
Previous experience desirable
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Lifting objects weighing up to 150 pounds - 20% - frequently
Carrying objects weighing up to 75 pounds - 20% - frequently
Pushing and pulling loads weighing up to 500 pounds - 10% - occasionally
Walking as much as 5 miles each shift - (every day) - constantly
Standing, sitting, climbing, balancing, kneeling and reaching - 40% - constantly
Finger dexterity in keying orders, updating Pyxis stations - 10% - frequently
Talking, hearing and seeing - (all the time) - constantly
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.