The Institute for Genomic Medicine (IGM) at Nationwide Children’s Hospital is creating a future that integrates genomics into the everyday practice of pediatrics. Led by a team of internationally-renowned genomic medicine scientists, the IGM is housed in the campus’ newest research building, spanning ~25,000 square feet of laboratory and office space in a highly interactive setting. We’re looking for a candidate to join our Clinical Informatics team, that supports the production informatics needs of IGM’s Clinical and Service laboratories.
Members work closely with IGM faculty and R&Dteams to design and build efficient instrument-to-interpretation pipelines for next-generation sequencing workflows, optimizing outcomes for our genomic medicine initiatives. This team manages the data processing pipelines in strict compliance with CAP/CLIA and HIPAA. You will have the opportunity to work on a highly collaborative team, developing novel software tools which have a direct impact on pediatric patient care.
We are looking for a candidate with strong software development abilities who enjoys solving complex problems. Previous experience in bioinformatics or computational biological background is preferred, but not required for this position (on the job training will be provided as needed).
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
Take a primary role in the development, validation, and deployment of web-deployed software applications and data analysis pipelines
• Contribute to leading both research and clinical initiatives to develop software solutions for complex genomic analysis projects
• Design, develop, and deploy data analysis pipelines
• Use software design and development best practices to create and maintain efficient data analysis and workflow solutions
• Facilitate work with our Computational Solutions team to transition in-house developed and locally hosted software solutions to the AWS cloud
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related discipline
• 7+ years software development experience in languages such as Java or Python; desirable at least two years of application development experience a clinical and/or research setting
• Experience with Agile methodology and demonstrated capability as a Scrum Master
• Expertise with scripting and process automation (Python/Perl, shell)
• Highly experienced with web application and full-stack development
• Highly experienced in a Linux/Unix environment
• Standard knowledge of algorithms, data structures and scientific programming
• Experience in bioinformatics a plus but not required
• Interest in molecular biology and genetics, and willingness to learn concepts and terminology from these fields as needed
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment with changing priorities
• Must be a team player with good communication skills and an attention to detail.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. EOE M/F/Disability/Vet