This is a call-in/contingent, non-benefits eligible position working day and evening hours
Previous Urgent Care or Emergency department experience
Minimum hourly rate: $23.81
The RN Care Manager assists patients to move rapidly, uneventfully, safely, and as effectively as possible through their episode of care. The RN Care Manager prescribes delegates, supervises and provides patient care, plans for education, collaborates on plan for discharge and provides for patient safety and quality. Demonstrates competencies defined (*) in the RN CARE MANAGER responsibilities in providing age-appropriate care to patients from the age of birth through 21 years, and select adult patients.
1. Uses nursing process, evidence based practice and unit specific competencies to:
a. Complete the admission assessment.
b. Document a plan of care including patient outcome parameters and nursing orders.
c. Delegate patient care.
d. Evaluate patient care and patients response/progress.
e. Reassess patients and revise plan of care as appropriate.
f. Supervise patient care.
g. Plan discharge.
h. Plan, provide, delegate, and evaluate patient/family education.
i. Collaborate effectively with all health care disciplines to facilitate patient outcomes.
2. Communicates patient care needs/expectations/priorities to assigned Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Patient Care Assistants (PCAs), unit coordinators, and allied health personnel.
3. Effectively relates and interacts with patient, families, and health care team.
4. Effectively manages patient care through one or more of the following:
a. Prescribing, delegating and coordinating care for patients.
b. Care conferences
c. Clinical rounds
d. Charge nurse responsibilities
e. Other coordination activities
f. Organizing and prioritizing care
g. Managing prescribed physician orders.
5. Maintains professional standards by setting professional goals and participating in activities to meet goals.
6. Adheres to unit/department budgetary standards.
a. Performs daily staffing, scheduling within budget parameters.
7. Participates in unit maintenance activities:
a. Pyxis and charge data collection.
b. Infection control activities
c. Point of-care testing
d. e-Chart education
e. Safety and Quality activities
8. Participates in Patient Care Services and Hospital activities in one or more of the following:
a. Policy/procedure review and revision.
b. Helping Hand review and revision.
c. Committee attendance and participation
d. Patient/family advocacy.
e. Shared governance.
9. Participates in educational activities in one or more of the following:
a. Peer review
b. Serves as a preceptor/clinical resource
c. Orientation and continuing education
d. Clinical competency assessment
e. Planning and presenting classes.
10. Accepts and supports change in a positive manner.
11. Participates in research, patient safety and quality improvement activities.
12. Practices professional nursing in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
2. BSN; Associate degree with commitment to obtain BSN within 5 years of hire.
AGE(S) OF PATIENTS SERVED:
Indicate whether or not the position has some responsibility for the assessment, treatment, or care of pediatric and select adult patients. __X___ Yes ______ No
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Note frequency as Constantly (67-100%), Frequently (34-66%) and Occasionally (0-33%) for each requirement. Also note any lifting requirements with pound limit.Sitting Talking on phone/in person Typing on a keyboard Standing/walking The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.