Full time Exempt: Main Campus; Mon-Fri 8 AM – 5 PM
We are seeking a Genetic Technologist I - Responsible for performance of routine and complex laboratory analyses, quality control, operational improvement, and preventative maintenance within the Institute for Genomic Medicine.
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud
What Will You Be Doing?
Demonstrates the technical and computer skills required for molecular/cytogenetic analysis
Demonstrates knowledge of and upholds applicable laws and regulation related to the position and maintains a safe environment
Participates in appropriate training and coaching for the IGM laboratories
Demonstrates the ability to make determinations regarding course of action and alternatives by addressing problems, using resolutions and basic troubleshooting skills as applicable to assigned work
Provides courteous and informative internal and external customer service
What Are We Looking For?
1. Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science; or a chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited institution. Prefer American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) certified.
As of June 1, 2015: If not certified, must be eligible for certification as a Technologist by an approved agency. Examples are MLS(ASCP), MB(ASCP), CG(ASCP). Certification exam must be completed within 3 years of hire date with a passing score.
2. Organizational skills, attention to detail, and computer experience
3. Able to present information through oral or written communication effectively
4. Maintain and foster interpersonal relationships with internal and external customers
5. Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently and independently promoting a team environment and maintaining a cooperative and supportive atmosphere. When personal workload is light, helps others to stay productive.
6. Demonstrates the ability to adjust to change, handle interruptions and function with changing circumstances
7. Demonstrate the ability to change communication styles to adapt to various cultural differences
Your Benefits, Your Wellness:
As an employer, Nationwide Children’s recognizes the importance of the benefits we offer. We also recognize the importance of balancing your work and personal needs. Our benefits and Employee Wellness package is designed to:
Most of our positions are benefits’ eligible from day 1.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Ability to stand for more than 1 hour at a time, sit for more than 1 hour at a time. Good visual and auditory acuity. Full use of hands and arms. Ability to speak clearly. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally. Must complete color blind testing.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.