The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
- Checks guests in and out. Completes all forms and sets up charts. Updates registered guest list. Monitors parking passes, permits, and facility keys and/or card access.
- Takes referral information and provides phone outreach to prospective guests, working with hospital social workers and nursing staff as necessary. Maintains the Wait List document.
- Works with and maintains good relations with volunteers. Family services support the volunteers on duty answering questions and handling problems. Covers volunteer responsibilities when there is no volunteer support available.
- Maintains supportive and open communication with guests, writes guests reports, coordinates and participates in special in House family events.
- Handles emergency situations or other circumstances that require immediate attention for guest families.
- Creates incident reports and logs interactions with the families to aid communication of issues across shifts and with management. Communicates any important information to necessary/appropriate staff.
- Tracks room payments, produces room bills, collects payments, issues receipts and records transactions in the computer. Enters guests records in the computer and produces monthly occupancy reports.
- Regularly rounds the House from a security perspective, also recording House maintenance and housekeeping issues for further follow-up.
- Supervises housekeeping/janitorial services during evenings and night shifts. Works with the Facility Director to ensure that all areas are clean and in good repair. If needed, will clean and organize any area of the facility or surrounding grounds. Reports any damage, theft or other problems to appropriate staff.
- Supports the process of weekly room inspections, either through doing the inspections as assigned, doing the reporting process, or explaining the process to families.
- Responsible for maintaining an organized and efficient filing system of guest occupancy and repair and maintenance records.
- Conducts tours of house as needed.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of varied security systems, phone system, computer network and emergency plans.? Trains new staff and new volunteers, providing a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Provides 1 month warning for vacation requests, offers to cover for peers when possible for vacation, sick and holiday leave, and arrives promptly for their shift to foster a teamwork environment in the 24x7 worklife.
- Assists with data entry or accounting tasks that will support House functions.
- Works with the Program Director to proactively improve the policies, procedures, processes and programs of Family Services to further the mission.
- Creates and maintains a comfortable environment that encourages family cooperation and a home like atmosphere.