The mission of RISI R&D division is to collaborate and innovate on impactful health IT solutions combining data driven insights and user experience designs. This Senior Interactive Developer/Designer position is to join the Design + Technology team of the RISI R&D division.
We are looking for a passionate, ambitious, and creative individual to help our team design and develop advanced interactive applications for use in clinical research and patient care. The interactive applications you will work on as part of this team will range from mobile applications, real-time 3D environments, virtual reality applications and augmented reality applications. The interactive developer / designer we are looking for is a polyglot capable of fluid movement between interactive and multimedia toolsets.
This individual is proficient in visual design as well as concept sketching, and is also competent in 2D and 3D interactive media design and development, including but not limited to game development, rich- media development for web, desktop and mobile device targets. In addition, they should have demonstrated skill in asset creation for 2D and 3D interactive applications, including character design, rigging and animation.
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Seek to understand problems to be solved, map them to requirements, and research on available solutions to same/similar problems.
2. Work closely with customers and teammates to ideate, synthesize information gathered, and evaluate potential approaches.
3. Design, wireframe proposed solutions.
4. Design and develop fully interactive applications for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows.
5. Document, and use source version control tool routinely.
6. Demonstrated ability to document and publish in the areas of interactive development and design.
7. Work with customers and other teams to deploy, maintain, support, and troubleshoot applications.
8. Maintains a professional demeanor in conducting job duties and accepts accountability for their performance.
9. Work closely with Project Scientists for project execution, timeline management, proposal writing, and manuscript publishing etc.
10. Fosters a team atmosphere by interacting with others in an honest and straightforward manner, listening to and valuing the opinions and ideas of others, sharing knowledge, and helping others to accomplish goals.
11. Keeps up the progress of the technological areas and skill sets.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Computer Science, Engineering, Design, or Art. Master’s Degree is required or 5 years of working experience in technology related areas.
2. A strong portfolio of fully-developed digital interactive experiences and games.
3. At least 3 years of experience in the healthcare, academic or research domains.
4. At least 5 years of experience with either Unity3D or Unreal Engine.
5. At least 5 years of experience publishing applications for iOS, Android, Mac and Windows.
6. At least 5 years of experience with the Adobe Suite of tools.
7. Knowledgeable in Maya or an equivalent tool.
9. Capable in the entire realm of user-facing development: strong skills in visual design, usability, and user interface development.
10. Strong skills in animation and motion graphics.
11. Knowledgeable in the mechanics of game development.
12. Prior experience with virtual reality headsets such as the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive.
13. Prior experience with optimizing VR applications for deployment on mobile devices.
14. Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills required to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and external contacts.
15. Ability to work flexible schedules to meet job requirements; requires occasional after-hours support and overnight travel.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Sitting Frequently Talking on phone/in person Frequently Typing on a keyboard Frequently Standing/walking Frequently
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.