We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Billing Coordinator
The Accounts Receivable Billing Coordinator is primarily responsible for Accounts Receivable billing and collections in addition to general accounting duties. Also manages the reporting requirements for specialized area.
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
What Will You Be Doing?:
1. Responsible for Research Accounts Receivable:
• Prepare and send monthly billing.
• Prepare and send special invoices with supporting documentation as needed.
• Prepare and send final invoices on-time.
• Prepare analysis and management reports.
2. Responsible for clinical grant accounting:
• Prepare and send clinical invoices with supporting documentation.
• Reconcile clinical activity to external bills and processes related payments.
• Assure compliance with all external and internal regulatory restrictions for invoices and payments.
• Attend meetings as needed to facilitate clinical grants.
3. Prepare monthly Aging report.
4. Collection of outstanding balances and resolution of billing and payment discrepancies.
5. Maintain past due accounts at targeted levels.
6. Respond to AR inquiries via phone, in person, or by email.
7. Performs other General accounting duties including journal entries, reconciliations, audit schedules, etc.
8. Works closely with the Accounting Manager, Director of Accounting, Grant Accountants and Sponsored Projects Office on issues related to responsibilities.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
What are We Looking For?:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required, or equivalent years of experience.
2. Three to five years’ experience in accounting required, with grant fund accounting experience preferred.
3. Windows based integrated accounting software experience and strong aptitude for other software programs including Microsoft Office suite required.
4. Analytical and organizational skills required to identify and resolve operational issues (procedural or systems).
5. Strong interpersonal, customer service, written and oral communications skills.
6. Ability to maintain confidential information.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Note frequency as Constantly (67-100%), Frequently (34-66%) and Occasionally (0-33%) for each requirement. Also note any lifting requirements with pound limit. *Sitting – Constantly Manual dexterity, typing - Constantly Talking on the phone or in person - Frequently Bending, stooping - Occasionally Walking - Occasionally Lifting items > l5lbs - Rarely The Pressure in this position will vary depending on the workload. The workload will be heavy but manageable most of the time. Pressure may arise in the face of deadlines associated with grants, etc.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.