Full time position, Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
The Administrative Support III is responsible for performing a wide variety of complex clerical and administrative tasks for the Division Chief of Emergency Medicine.
Why Nationwide Children’s?
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Performs administrative duties to support Emergency Medicine: endnote, assistance with manuscript preparation and submissions to journals. Types correspondence, reports, surveys, tabulations and statistical data; prepares charts and power points for meetings and presentation; organizes material and determines format as requested.
2. Places, receives and screens telephone calls; greets visitors; schedules appointments, and meeting rooms; coordinates business luncheons and handles travel arrangements.
3. Establishes filing system and maintains departmental and department head’s office and reference files. Periodically screens and purges obsolete files.
4. Plans, researches, organizes, analyzes and completes special projects within specific department/division or facility as a whole.
5. Participates in documentation processes, obtaining, compiling, maintaining and issuing necessary records, reports, data or lists, ensuring accuracy of content and correct distribution.
6. Orders office supplies and equipment; notifies proper personnel when office equipment is in need of repair.
7. Assists other departmental staff as needed.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. High school diploma or equivalent with business coursework preferred.Research administrative assistant experience preferred.
2. 3+ years of administrative support experience.
3. Skill in composing letters, memos, and other correspondence.Knowledge of grant writing preparation, along with Endnote.Knowledge of posters, submitting published papers.
6. Effective communication and interpersonal skills required.
7. Skills in operating a personal computer. Must be familiar with various software packages (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Epic, End Note, and RIV).
8. Ability to work with highly confidential materials.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Sitting for extended periods Constantly (67-100%)
Talking on the phone/in person Constantly
Typing on a computer keyboard Constantly
Standing/walking Occasionally (0-33%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
EOE M/F/ Disability/Vet