Full Time, Benefit Eligible
Grant and Fiscal Coordinator: Assists the PI to identify funding opportunities, manages proposal submissions and administrative duties of the entire PI grants portfolio for both internal and external funding. The RBC maintains grant budgets, monitors grant expenditures and personnel effort allocations. Ensures timely submission of progress reports and other grant related information, and manages the timely closeout and/or renewal of grants.
Why Nationwide Children's? The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud
1. Coordinate research grant submissions for the designated Center(s).
2. Provide grant administration, and coordinate support documents for the Principal Investigators.
3. Provide funding opportunity notifications for PI’s.
4. Participate in research team meetings and administrative meetings.
5. Oversee research accounts and grant expenditures, track personnel effort commitments
6. Familiar with research funding mechanisms unique to the Center members (e.g., NCI, COG, NCCF, Pharma sponsored studies, etc.)
7. Provides financial analysis to the Center Director and/or designees on a monthly basis of the activity grant within the Center. Provides budget setup details for grant accounts and modify activated budgets as necessary to maintain fiscal compliance.
8. Provides support for programmatic funding projects (i.e. T32 or U grants)
9. Manages the Center intramural program in conjunction with the Clinical Study Administration.
10. Attends relevant training courses on policy and compliance
11. Performs additional duties, as assigned.
Reports to: Research Institute Sponsored Projects Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience plus education required; Master's degree preferred.
2. Experience in submission and management of grant and contract funding mechanisms preferred.
3. Some experience in fiscal management/budgeting required.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills, highly organized, and flexibility is required.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Note frequency as Constantly (67-100%), Frequently (34-66%) and Occasionally (0-33%) for each requirement. Also note any lifting requirements with pound limit. Sitting - Constantly Stooping - Occasionally Standing - Occasionally Talking on the phone or in person – Constantly Walking – Constantly Pulling/Pushing File Draws – Frequently Kneeling – Occasionally Finger Dexterity – Constantly