Full Time, Benefit Eligible
GMP VVC Operations Technician: The VVC Operations Technician I is responsible for supporting all aspects of) production in the Viral Vector Core (VVC). Working in collaboration with the Manager of VVC Operations and staff, the Technician I will provide hands on assistance for all day-to-day VVC production operations, including execution of production processes, documentation, as well as facility and equipment maintenance. The Technician I will support production efforts to deliver all products in a timely, compliant, and fiscally responsible fashion by following appropriate practices, production documentation, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for manufacturing biological products.
Why Nationwide Children's? The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud
1. Works in collaboration with VVC Management and Staff to cultivate and enact the strategic direction of the VVC laboratory including determination of schedule and project timelines/capabilities.
2. Supports VVC resources and supply chain including maintaining materials inventory control to meet production goals.
3. Operates and performs the calibration, validation, cleaning and maintenance of VVC equipment and systems as specified in VVC protocols, Equipment manuals and VVC SOPs.
4. Performs daily operational activities related to the VVC manufacturing of biological products by executing production processes assuring the availability of materials and the proper documentation surrounding VVC activities and product quality.
5. Assists in process documentation review, revision, remediation and process changes. (ie. updates protocols as necessary when new serotypes are introduced to the lab)
6. Assists the VVC Management and staff with process troubleshooting.
7. Works in close collaboration with VVC Management to insure continuous improvement objectives are identified and met using metrics and other statistical means.
8. Works in collaboration with VVC Managementto insure new projects and technologies are sought for incorporation into the VVC area.
Reports to: Supervisor of VVC Operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 1-2 years of experience with an appropriate scientific or manufacturing background required.
2. Knowledge in aseptic technique, cell culture, liquid separation techniques and/or fluid handling.
3. Must be computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office products.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
There are very minimal physical requirements. One needs to be able to lift 20-30 pounds occasionally (0-33% of the time).
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. EOE M/F/Disability/Vet