The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
- Project Management
- Leads project teams to ensure scope, timelines, deliverables, budgets and quality are meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Lead project teams through all phases of life cycle development on complex large scale projects.
- Effectively lead project team through the scope development process on medium to large scale implementations.
- Leads multiple medium to large scale projects and project teams simultaneously.
- Demonstrate strong decision making skills and is able to provide recommendations on and implement policy and process improvement opportunities.
- Develop a project plan in accordance with industry standard and CHI IS specific methodologies.
- Develop a project plan which details the begin/end dates, tasks, resources, milestones, and expectations of all project resources (people, equipment, vendors, systems, dollars, etc.).
- Maintain the accuracy of the project plan in conjunction with vendors, resource managers, and key stakeholders.
- Create and maintain project documentation as appropriate for every project assigned.
- Provide feedback on assigned team members’ performance routinely to the resource managers.
- Contribute to the definition of project goals, alignment of those goals with organizational goals and ensure success criteria are defined during project initiation.
- Appropriately set and manage customer and team expectations.
- Establish meeting agendas in advance of project meetings; coordinate attendees and their contributions/deliverables for each meeting; manage meeting times and topics; at the end of each meeting summarize important decisions made, what action items are due and by whom, when the next meeting will occur.
- Maintain an issues list and manage the deliverables and resolution of those issues in an effective and timely manner; use judgment in escalating issues when appropriate.
- Effectively utilize appropriate tools to communicate project information to a broad audience.
- Ensure system test plans are developed, approved, and implemented
- Assure effective project hand-off to support teams.
- Assure disaster recovery, security, and availability is addressed as a part of the project.
- Assist in managing the vendor(s) relationship; manage vendor work effort to contract and scope document.
2. Project Quality Management
- In conjunction with the Managers and Directors, manage the external vendor relationship ensuring optimal performance and project outcomes.
- Develop pre- and post-implementation studies to measure project achievement of goals and capture lessons learned.
- Seeks regular project reviews from peer Project Coordinators, managers, and/or directors to ensure quality project delivery.
3. Planning and Budgeting
- Work with customers and IS managers/directors in the planning and budgeting of assigned capital and operating projects.
- Effectively manage projects to the approved budget.
- Minimize project change orders that impact project cost.
- Accountable and responsible for managing the project budget and making budget decisions and recommendations in partnership with the responsible manager or director.
4. Project Management Office Team
- Provide feedback and report project risks to the PMO team.
- Provide input to and seek direction from the PMO team on project prioritization.
- Work with PMO to enhance project management techniques and methods.
- Work with IS Managers and Customers to ensure unified goals are being met.
- Help to ensure adherence to PMO methods across Information Services.
- Mentor others in IS on the PMO Methodology and Tools.
- Administer IS Portfolio of projects and interpret Top IS Status reports for Senior Level Management.