The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, wherePassion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
Call in/contingent-non benefits eligible
The contingent Behavioral Health Community Based Therapist II position in the School Based Program is a new and exciting position for a therapist with at least 2 years of clinical experience. This role provides the opportunity to interact with multiple schools in various districts. The schedule is flexible due to this role being utilized as needed. Peak times are typically September – November and February-April. The contingent staff will also attend weekly team meetings and staff trainings.
1. Remains current in required licensure and clinical or other training as required. Satisfactory progress toward independent licensure is expected.
2. Accurately assesses and documents client presenting problems, history, symptomology, mental status, diagnosis and prescribes initial interventions in a timely manner.
3. Meets with client/family to assist in developing specific, realistic, ad measurable treatment goals and objectives.
4. Employs strategies of intervention that are consistent with empirically supported treatments and consistent with program expectations.
5. Remains current in general knowledge of psychopharmacology in pediatric behavioral healthcare and collaborates consistently with team psychiatrist.
6. Participate in a rotating on-call procedure that provides families with 24-hour, 7-days a week accessibility and availability in crisis and acute situations.
7. Completes clinical charting and other related administrative paperwork in accordance with policy standards.
8. Practices within professional areas of expertise and under the supervision of an independently licensed practitioner.
9. Maintains productivity expectations.
10. Effectively coordinates client care with other service providers and community resources to assure continuity of care.
11. Meets regularly with Clinical Lead Supervisor, Clinical Coordinator or designee.
12. Attends routine staff meetings.
13. Attends in-service trainings, peer review and other intra-agency and supervisory activities.
14. Demonstrates willingness to seek/accept direct supervision as well as respect productive feedback from colleagues and others.
15. Strives to maintain positive patient satisfaction.
16. Supports the philosophy, goals and mission of Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
17. Performs other duties as assigned by Clinical Coordinator or Administrator.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field
2. Appropriate Ohio Licensure required
3. Experience working with children, adolescents and their families
4. Early childhood mental health experience and/or or experience working with younger children desired
5. Experience in behavioral health diagnostic assessment required
6. Familiarity with youth/family mental health agencies and services within Franklin County desired.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Talking, driving, sitting, walking, standing: Constantly (67-100%)
2. Seeing, hearing, writing: Frequently (34-66%)
3. Typing, kneeling, climbing:Occasionally (0-33%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. EOE M/F/Disability/Vet