The Sr. Financial Analyst is an individual who is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and summarizing the financial implications of clinical practice. The Analyst develops conclusions and recommendations regarding historical, on-going, and prospective aspects of hospital operations, with a strong, future-oriented focus on the information needs of management in carrying out decision making responsibilities. This person should possess excellent analytical skills with a clear, practical understanding of the needs of both clinical and financial users. This individual will be instrumental in the development and maintenance of accurate procedure level cost information and will apply their knowledge of cost accounting principles to budgeting and case mix reporting for management decision making purposes.
Why Nationwide Children's?
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
1. Focus on the development and analysis of information used in the decision making process, providing effective, meaningful feedback to managers charged with directing and controlling operations in order to facilitate both short and long term strategic initiatives.
2. Serve as a financial resource regarding the use and development of the Allscripts EPSi Financial Decision Support System:
3. Assist with the organization and coordination of the annual capital and operating budgets.
4. Organize the development of cost accounting and budgeting data in the Allscripts EPSi system, including:
5. Champion the development of financial structures within the Allscripts EPSi system, which includes file building, data validation, process development, and financial reporting.
6. Provide guidance on the use of the Allscripts EPSi system as an 'expert-user', by promoting system benefits throughout the organization.
7. Champion the development of Key Performance Indicators used to measure the efficiency of resource expenditures as well as the effectiveness of hospital operations.
8. Assist with the ongoing analysis of information systems and data integrity issues and activities.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Typing on computer Constantly (67-100%)Using phone Frequently (34-66%)
Sitting Frequently (34-66%)
Standing Occasionally (0-33%)
Lifting Occasionally (0-33%)
Walking Frequently (34-66%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.