The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
Provides assistance in research experiments under direction of Research Assistant; obtains supplies and equipment needed for research projects; maintains laboratory records.
1. Assists with research experiments for specific area.
2. Conducts laboratory analyses; assists in assay studies and tests on substrates of materials used in research.
3. Performs cell bacterial and viral cultures utilizing sterile techniques. Grows and harvests research specimens, as applicable
4. Obtains supplies and equipment needed for research projects and ensures equipment is in proper working condition. Draws items from inventory supplies.
5. Prepares special instruments and monitoring devices used to record test results.
6. Maintains laboratory records and completes required charts. Records patient information in log books. Files charts and patient slides and ensures appropriate disbursement of reports.
7. Assists with preparation of laboratory reports by collecting and collating research data. Prepares drafts of laboratory reports under direction of Research Assistant and conducts library research to obtain supporting research data. Prepares charts, graphs, and related data.
8. Maintains clean laboratory area. Replaces instruments after use and ensures slides, test tubes, glassware, and other items used in analyses are cleaned. Adheres to proper safety techniques and procedures.
9. Performs miscellaneous related duties
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
High School graduate with two years accredited college coursework majoring in science preferred.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Percent of time spent on: 50% Typing on computer25% Answering phones11% Miscellaneous paperwork associated with research and OSU faculty appointment10% Acting as liaison02% Xeroxing02% FilingMinimum physical requirements: 100% Kneeling / reaching100% Finger dexterity100% Talking / hearing / seeing 33% Lifting / carrying weight 0-20 pounds for 1-5 minutes 33% Pushing a cart with weight 50-100 pounds for 5-10 minutes The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.