- Create and modify existing templates to clearly document business requirements, business cases, new project requests, and all the functional and non-functional requirements to align business objectives through the strategic application of people, processes, and technology.
- Develop requirements documentation in accordance with industry standards and methodologies.
- Assist in documenting business requirements to provide detailed cost estimates for small, medium, and large projects. Defines business case, project charter, and known requirements for approved projects.
- Assists project managers as needed on defining current and future state process maps, business requirement documentation, and identifying measurable project goals that aligns with the business objectives.
- Facilitate meetings to detail our current and future state business processes, functional and non-functional requirements, stakeholder needs assessments, and cost/benefit analysis in order to align information technology solutions with business strategies.
- Conduct the analysis of business processes and user needs, defines business requirements and assists in the recommendation of appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrate strong decision making skills and is able to provide recommendations and implement policy and process improvement opportunities. Identify options and evaluate alternatives for systems and processes to meet business requirements.? Maintain documentation to reflect current business practices.
- Obtain documentation sign offs as appropriate for every project assigned.
- Assist in developing project schedules which details the begin/end dates, tasks, resources, milestones, and expectations of all project resources (people, equipment, vendors, systems, services, expenses, etc.).
- Contribute to the definition of project goals, alignment of those goals with organizational goals and ensure success criteria are defined during project initiation.
- Appropriately set and manage customer and team expectations.
- Establish meeting agendas in advance of meetings; coordinate attendees and their contributions/deliverables for each meeting; manage meeting times and topics; at the end of each meeting summarize important decisions made, what action items are due and by whom, when the next meeting will occur.
- Effectively utilize appropriate tools to communicate business requirements and strategies to a broad audience.
- Ensure business requirements are developed, approved, tested, and implemented.
- Assure disaster recovery, security, and availability is addressed as a part of the requirements analysis for every project including performance and on-going system maintenance requirements.
- Assist in applying firm-but-flexible change control to balance necessary change and scope creep. Does thorough analysis of scope change impact when requested.
- Accurately scope out timeline impact and difficulty of each requirement for larger projects.
- Clearly identify and communicate business impacts of potential changes.
2. Project Quality Management
- In conjunction with the Project Managers, Managers, and Directors, manage the external vendor relationship ensuring optimal performance and project outcomes.
- Align business goals and requirements in the project scope and define measures to determine if these goals were obtained.
- Establish processes to ensure that system requirements, project testing, and project outcomes satisfy defined requirements and project success criteria.
- Is accountable for defining clear, testable requirements for all assigned projects, as well as ongoing quality and process improvement for the project.
- Ensure test plans and scripts are in alignment with the business requirements.
3. Planning and Budgeting
- Minimize unplanned, unexpected business requirements that impact the project?s timeline, budget, resources, and quality.
- Assist in developing the business analysis timeline for all projects assigned and contributes to the required project timeline to meet the agreed upon requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring overall business requirements are met for all projects assigned.
4. Project Management Office Team
- Work with PMO to enhance project management techniques and methods.
- Work with Managers and Customers to ensure unified goals are being met.
- Help to streamline PMO methodology when applicable.
- Provide recommendations on improvements for methodology and resource utilization.
- Mentor others team members on the requirements gathering Methodology and Tools.
5. Information Assurance
- Knowledgeable of and adheres to Nationwide Children?s Hospital policies, processes, procedures, standards, and guidelines governing privacy, security, and disaster recovery/business continuity.
- Develop, implement, and/or maintain systems following IS Information Assurance policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines and industry standards to address security, privacy, and disaster recovery/business continuity needs to protect Nationwide Children?s Hospital information and resources at established, defined levels.
- Actively protect sensitive, classified, and confidential information.
- Use and access systems and information only for authorized purposes and in accordance with security procedures and guidelines to perform job duties as assigned.
- Maintain individual accountability for security controls and measures (e.g., individual passwords are not shared with other users).
- Report suspected security and/or privacy incidents following established Nationwide Children?s Hospital procedures.
6. Teamwork, Collaboration, Professionalism, and Leadership
- Set the example and provides leadership when working with other staff in functional or cross-functional teams to meet goals, objectives, and responsibilities.
- Set the example in establishing and maintaining a professional demeanor and being accountable for their performance.
- Set the example for establishing a team atmosphere by interacting with others in an honest and straightforward manner, listening to and valuing the opinions and ideas of others, sharing knowledge, and helping others to accomplish goals.? Develop and maintain expert level knowledge and skills in technical and professional areas.
- Mentor and train staff members in areas of specialty.
- Be an example in representing the NCH, the project team, PMO and IS as One Team. Be positive and respectful in all interactions generating optimism and energy in one another.
- Perform other duties as assigned.