This is a part time position that will more than likely go full time at the end of 2018/beginning of 2019.
Working Directly with Patients
Behavioral Research Studies
We are seeking a highly motivated and analytical individual to join The Center for Family Safety and Healing’s (TCFSH) Research and Evaluation department to assist with research projects related to family violence. The successful applicant must possess an exceptional work ethic and a desire to learn. Ability to work independently and in collaboration with the team is necessary.
1. Conducts thorough literature review.
2. Assists in the development of study protocols.
3. Collects, analyzes, and evaluates data.
4. Obtains medical information from patients’ medical records under the direction of the Director of Research and Evaluation.
5. Organizes and codes psychosocial qualitative and quantitative data and medical data.
6. Assists in recruiting and scheduling eligible patients and parents for family violence research studies.
7. Administers questionnaires to patients and parents as needed in person and over the phone.
8. Assists with writing/editing technical reports and manuscripts for publication or presentation.
9. Attends required research meetings.
10. Maintains a clean working area and adheres to standard methods, practices, procedures, and equipment operations.
11. Performs miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
1. Bachelor’s degree in biology, psychology, sociology, or healthcare related field.
2. Completed at least one introductory statistics course or can demonstrate understanding of foundational statistical concepts and terms.
3. Completed at least one research methods course or can demonstrate understanding of foundational research method concepts and terms.
4. Has excellent communication skills and is comfortable talking with patients and their families from diverse backgrounds.
5. Experience with computers (data entry and word processing).
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Frequency of events listed below may vary depending on the research being conducted
Sitting: Moderate (varies on patient recruitment activities)
Typing on keyboard: Constantly
Standing/walking: Moderate (varies on patient recruitment activities)
Lifting: 1-10 pounds
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.