Come work for an organization where everything matters!
Staff Nurse - Radiology Nursing
(Full Time - working 8-10 hours daily)
Schedule and Shift: Monday - Friday with hours between 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Weekday call is required (6:00 pm - 7:00 am) as well as weekends (7:00 am - 7:00 am) on a rotating basis.
Starting Minimum Rate: $26.190 hourly
Responsible for nursing related care in the Radiology Department. This position provides services supporting the Radiology Mission of high quality, efficient care and emphasis on serving the unique needs of each customer. This position will emphasize customer service as a first priority, with each employee adopting the department?s ?The Way We Care? philosophy. Demonstrates competencies defined (*) in RN care responsibilities in providing age-appropriate care to patients from the age of birth through 20 years, and selected adult patients.
1. Assessment of patient care needs
2. Implement/Document Physician/APN orders for Radiological procedures
3. Delegate patient care responsibilities
4. Evaluate patient care and patient?s response/progress
5. Provide patient/family/caregiver education
6. Collaborate/communicate effectively with all members of the healthcare team to facilitate positive patient outcomes
7. Effectively relates/interacts with patients/families and other members of the healthcare team.
8. Effectively manages patient care through one or more of the following: a. Coordinating care of the patient b. Organizing and prioritizing care c. Managing prescribed physician/APN orders.
9. Maintains professional standards by setting professional goals, participating in activities to achieve goals.
10. Adheres to department/unit budgetary standards.
11. Participates in nursing specific departmental activities:a. IV insertionb. Catheter insertionc. Places nasogastric tubes for radiologic proceduresd. Patient monitoring and related caree. Medication administration to include critical care medications to support cardiac imagingf. Provide nursing related care for radiologic cardiac imaging proceduresg. Pyxis inventory and distributionh. Safety/Quality needsi. Supply orderingj. IR/RN facilitatork. Nursing student advocate
12. Participates in Patient Care Services and Hospital activities. a. Policy/Procedure review/revisionb. Helping hands review/revisionc. Infection Control Liaisond. Shared Governancee. Patient/Family Advocacyf. Committee attendance/participation
13. Directs educational activities within the Departmenta. Serves as a clinical resourceb. Provides clinical competency assessmentc. Departmental liaison for Hospital policy updates.
14. Accepts/supports change in a positive manner
15. Participates in research, patient safety and quality improvement initiatives
16. Practices professional nursing care and behavior in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
2. BSN; Associate degree with commitment to obtain BSN within 5 years of hire.
3. Must hold a current PALS and CPR certification.
4. Must demonstrate basic clinical nursing skills.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Patient care responsibilities require standing, walking, talking, seeing, hearing, bending, hand dexterity, stooping, lifting. This position requires constant talking, standing, walking, seeing to effectively maintain MRI section functionality. (100%)Essential Job Functions:
Must be able to see, hear, stand, walk, speak, read, and perform manual tasks with or without accommodation, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty.Must be able to independently lift up to 50 lbs.Must be able to move or reposition patients of any weight or size with the assistance of another person(s) and/ or equipment. The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.