This is a contingent position.
Responsible for ensuring the timely access and completion of paper-based documentation through the functions of imaging (scanning), electronic placement of documents (indexing), the electronic assignment and monitoring of deficiencies (chart completion), and final review and disposition (QA). Demonstrates competent knowledge of SLH and the EPIC/Scanning-Imaging Systems. Follows specific departmental processes to insure accuracy and quality in their work- geared toward positive results for the end user.
1. Ensures that all paper-based records are accurately prepared for scanning (i.e. removing paperclips, verifying accuracy of each document, etc.)
2. Scans all medical records, loose attaching, and Release of Information requests using SLH technology.
3. Indexes documents accurately under correct document type/level within SLH.
4. Monitors records for duplicate documents, misfiled documents, illegible documents, or mis-fed documents-during the scanning/indexing process.
5. Facilitates final quality check of imaged documents to insure positive results for the end user.
6. Sends all inpatient and outpatient charts to fireproof using the chart tracking function in EPIC.
7. Responsible for unpacking and sorting the mail for the Health Information Management department.
8. Maintains confidentiality in accordance with established regulatory/departmental policies
9. Establishes and maintains open, productive communication with departmental employees and all hospital staff.
10. Reports any issues which may impact work flow (such as systems problems) to the Data Imaging and Quality Coordinator.
11. Attends training sessions, meetings, etc. geared to optimize knowledge of computer software, work flow processes, or positive team building.
12. Provides coverage for fellow employees during times of vacations, illness, etc.
13. Participates in all cross training/retraining opportunities which are geared to promote positive workflow/quality assessments in an electronic medical environment
14. Adheres to all guidelines set forth in the Commitment to my Co-Workers behavioral contract.
• High school diploma and/or equivalent.
• Credentialed professional (RHIT/RHIA) preferred, but not required
• Previous experience working with EMR technology preferred
• Experience in hospital setting (medical record department) a plus.
• Minimum typing speed of 55 WPM
• Ability to maintain a competency rate of at least 98% in reference to scanned documents.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Proficient on computers and ability to learn new software programs
• Ability to handle multiple task, priorities, and deadlines
• Analytical and organizational skills
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Optimal/sustained attention to detail
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills required
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Requires prolonged standing, sitting, walking
* Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephones, and copiers. Normal vision range and the absence of color blindness or dyslexia, and normal range of hearing.
* Occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, and kneeling
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.