The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
Responsible for performing secretarial and environmental activities using current technology under the direction and supervision of RN.
1. Proficient in use of electronic medical record. Order equipment required to carry out order(s), i.e. radiology. Unit may specify additional responsibilities.
2. Prepare and maintain the patients' medical records.
3. Perform monitoring of patient charts for required signatures for example general consents, advanced directives, and other related documents and secures signatures as appropriate.
4. Operate communication systems including; but not limited to telephone, paging system, pneumatic tube and multi-function devices i.e. fax/printer/ copier/scanner.
5. Coordinate unit communications and the processes related to secretarial and environmental activities on the unit.
6. Maintain unit supply of computer down-time forms and implement the down time procedure for the staff.
7. Clean, order and stock clerical, educational and clinical supplies.
Dust surface unit/area of the unit desk.
Order office supplies.
Proficient in operation of Intranet to facilitate staff needs for policies and procedures and other intranet documents needing printed.
Maintain unit files.
8. Maintain a clean, safe patient care, and unit environment, which may include unit specific duties such as cleaning unit refrigerators, microwaves and etc.
Monitor and maintain unit as required by regulatory agencies and document appropriately.
9. Acts as a preceptor for orientation and training of other Unit Coordinator staff.
10. Identify own learning needs, seek assistance and attend educational programs as needed.
11. Assists with admission, greeting, registration, transfer, and discharge of patients.
12. In emergency situations, initiates Code Blue/Medical Assist/ACT by dialing 2-2233 and providing all required information confirm with staff call was placed.
13. May perform constant attendant role for patients including suicide precautions.
14. Transports requisitions and specimens as directed.
15. Assist with transporting patients as directed for all discharges.
16. Participate in unit/program/area quality process improvement activities.
17. Maintain confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Successful completion of an approved unit coordinator/clerk course or demonstration of equivalent competence.
3. Computer skills required. Ability to navigate most current technology systems.
4. Excellent Customer Service Skills.
5. Previous health care experience preferred.
6. Possess good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
7. Present a neat appearance, good grooming, and professional manner.
8. Current CPR (BLS-Health Care Provider required).
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Note frequency as: Constantly (67-100%), Frequently (34-66%), and Occasionally (0-33%) for each requirement.
Also note any lifting requirements with pound limit. Sitting, Talking on phone/in person, Typing on a keyboard, Standing/walking.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.