This is a part-time, 24 hour/week, benefits eligible positoin working evening shift, 3pm-11pm, every other weekend
Minimum hourly rate: $10
Provides direct observation of patients placed on Suicide/Self Destructive Behavior or other patients requiring constant attendance, in order to provide maximum protection of both patients and staff. The Attendant will be under the supervision of the RN accountable for the patient. This individual must have completed the educational requirements set by Nationwide Children?s Patient Care Services.
1. Observes patient for behaviors which may indicate potential harm to self and others.
2. Assists in maintaining a safe environment by performing frequent environmental checks to ensure patient and staff safety.
3. Accompanies patient at all times when out of the room and does not leave a patient unattended.
4. Reports observations to RN accountable for patient.
5. Understands when to notify the nurse and immediately notifies RN if patient displays suicidal/self-destructive behaviors, attempts to escape or change in status.
6. Does not attempt to physically restrain patient except when patient is injuring self or others.
7. Provides alert observation of the patient at all times.
8. Provides age-appropriate interaction with patient.
9. Receives assignment from charge nurse or nurse in charge of patient prior to entering patient room.
10. Provides encouragement, support, and reinforces positive behavior with a calm approach while maintaining appropriate boundaries, as well as reinforcing behavior/safety plan when appropriate. If trained in CCM (Comprehensive Crisis Management) may use de-escalation techniques and assist with physical intervention in accordance with hospital policy.
11. Acts as a preceptor or orientation and training of other constant attendant staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Must be a high-school graduate.
2. Must possess good communication skills.
3. Must be able to see, hear, speak, read, and perform manual tasks with or without accommodation, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty.
4. Completed constant attendant training.
5. Current CPR (American Heart Association CPR for Family and Friends or BLS for Healthcare Provider).
6. Maintain CCM (Comprehensive Crisis Management) if required on unit the employee works
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSMust be able to independently lift up to 25Sitting (Constantly 67%-100%) Talking on phone/in person (Frequently 34-66%) Typing on a keyboard (Occasionally 0-33%) Standing/walking (Frequently 34-66%) The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.