Come work for an organization where everything matters!
Performance Improvement Coordinator (Salaried Nursing Professional Position)
Starting rate $31.18 hourly
Responsible for coordination and oversight of database systems including VPS. Responsibilities include: Data entry into clinical database systems, data analysis, development and communication of aggregate data, reports, clinical outcome measures, and ensures data validity and quality. Develops, implements and coordinates effective systems to evaluate and improve patient outcomes and quality care.
1. Oversees, coordinates, and monitors data collection, quality and inter-rater reliability, ensuring adherence to definitions and program requirements for each specific database.
2. Monitors and oversees systems to ensure that all eligible participants are accurately captured and submitted to the specific comparative database.
3. Reviews validation reports and makes the appropriate corrections, documenting the results of this process and re-submits cleaned data to database by the established deadline.
4. Meets regularly with the CTICU Physician Chief to discuss issues and questions related to data collection and contacts the appropriate database resource with data collection, data use, quality or technical questions, as appropriate.
5. Exports data by submission due dates.
6. Manages database security and role assignments.
7. Coordinates completion of training and certification for self and all personnel that collect data for each specific database.
8. Participates in the Listserv discussions by posting and answering questions; relays pertinent information from the Listserv to appropriate team members for each database.
9. Communicates potential database improvements to the appropriate teams.
10. Accurately calculates data for aggregate reports.
11. Prepares data within the designated time frame to be reported.
12. Verifies the accuracy of retrieved data.
13. Prepares reports in collaboration with department liaisons.
14. Participates in the development of annual database program performance reports.
15. Collaborates with all disciplines to improve patient care through facilitation, tracking, trending, follow up and communication of indicator results.
16. Maintains knowledge level and ability related to continuous quality improvement through publications, conferences, networking with other hospitals and through the website.
17. Effectively relates and interacts with patients, families and health care teams; serves as a role model for others.
18. Provides assistance to Program Director as necessary.
19. Completes routine audits as directed.
20. Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED1. Graduate of an approved School of Nursing or related field. BSN required.
2. Current license to practice in state of Ohio
3. Clinical experience related to intensive care, surgery, and cardiology is desirable
4. Medical record abstraction or clinical computer information systems experience is strongly desired.
5. Recent experience data mining/abstraction from an electronic medical record.
6. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills necessary to present and communicate important information effectively to all levels of hospital staff.
7. Proficient in the use of a personal computer.
8. Demonstrates experience in presentation skills and the ability to analyze and interpret statistical data.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Note frequency as Constantly (67-100%), Frequently (34-66%) and Occasionally (0-33%) for each requirement. Also note any lifting requirements with pound limit.Talking in person/on the phone Frequently (34-66%)Standing/Walking Frequently (34-66%)Typing on a keyboard Frequently (34-66%) The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.