Full Time position, Benefits Eligible
Monday - Friday 9:30am-6:00pm
Dublin location with occasional coverage in Marysville
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
This position is responsible for the registration of inpatients and outpatients and/or the actual insurance authorization or precertification for provided services. As part of the hospital revenue cycle, the Patient Access Rep will obtain accurate insurance and demographic information to ensure that optimum payment is made to the hospital and physicians. Processes assigned work load in a timely and accurate manner. The Patient Access Rep will provide the services mentioned above to its customers, including but not limited to clinics and physicians, patients and families, managed care department Health Information Management department and Patient Accounts
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Interviews and registers patients in registration areas that report up through Patient Access.
2. Obtains accurate demographic, insurance, and physician information on registrations.
3. Screens customer data to ensure patient is eligible for insurance indicated. Communicates differences to the customer.
4. Screens registrations to ensure insurance pre-certification and physician referral requirements are met. Instructs customer on requirements.
5. Assists in identifying self pay patients and referring them to financial assistance when applicable. Instructs customer on requirements.
6. Establishes and maintains open communication with the all departments that Patient Access interacts with and clinical staff in those areas.
7. Assists in the shadowing/precepting of new employees.
8. Advises and collects deductibles and co-pays that are due. Explains Children?s Hospital collection and payment procedures, when appropriate.
9. Shows respect for the authority of others, including supervisor, manager, physicians, and nurses.
10. Displays positive attitude and discusses decisions or policies in a positive, problem-solving way.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. High school graduate. Associates degree preferred.
2. One year pre-registration, registration, admitting, or customer service experience.
3. One to two years of experience in billing processes and insurance verification
4. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
5. Ability to work and problem solve with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to understand and retain complex and quickly changing information.
7. Knowledge of the impact of the revenue cycle on hospital operations.
8. Familiar with medical terminology.
9. Able to function as a team member responsible for staffing operational hours.
10. Ability to adapt to change positively in work flow and process.
11. Keyboarding/typing/data entry skills.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Sitting - frequently Talking on phone/in person - frequently
Typing on a keyboard - constantly Standing/walking constantly
Physically Active - Frequently
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. EOE M/F/Disability/Vet