The Food Service Attendant is responsible for cleaning equipment, pots and pans; operating cleaning equipment; operating and maintaining dishmachine; receiving and properly storing stock deliveries; cleaning work areas; disposing of trash and performing miscellaneous related duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Cleans equipment/utensils including pots, pans, ovens, fryers and grills by established procedures and schedules. Uses proper chemicals to meet standards established by Nutrition Services and the Columbus Department of Health.
2. Operates cleaning equipment according to proper procedures. Reports repair needs to supervisor.
3. Operates and cleans dishmachine by established procedures. Maintains and monitors operational standards of the dishmachine cycle temperatures and detergent levels. Delivers clean dishes and utensils to proper storage areas.
4. Receives and properly stores daily stock deliveries. Follows proper food handling procedures. Fills supply orders submitted by other areas of the department.
5. Cleans work areas by established procedures and schedules. Includes sweeping and mopping floors, washing walls, tiles, baseboards, cleaning food storage areas, refrigerators, freezer, etc.
6. Cleans work areas by established procedures and schedules. Includes sweeping and mopping floors, washing walls, tiles, baseboards, cleaning food storage areas, refrigerators, freezer, etc.
7. Pan up for later use items such as bacon, biscuits, cookies, meat, etc.
8. Performs miscellaneous related duties.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. High school graduate with 3-6 months of food service experience required.
2. Ability to read and follow written instructions.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSNote frequency as Constantly (67-100%), Frequently (34-66%) and Occasionally (0-33%) for each requirement. Also note any lifting requirements with pound limit.Walking/standing Constantly (67-100%)Ability to lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 75 pounds. Frequently (34-66%)