Hours- Monday-Friday- 1:00PM-6:00PM
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
The Ambassador/Cashier is responsible for assisting the public with issues in the parking area including helping to use the pay-on-foot stations and directions into the hospital. They also operate the cash register in the booth to alleviate any back up in the parking area. They obtain cash from department vault, counting money at end of shift; attending and performing miscellaneous related duties.
1. Assist public in the parking area.
2. Instructs on the usage of the pay-on-foot station.
3. Operates cash register.
4. Collects payment from customers and gives change.
5. Obtains change as required during workday following department procedures.
6. Obtains cash from department vault; places cash and change in appropriate slots in cash register drawer.
7. Counts money at end of shift; places amount assigned as permanent bank funds in money bag; takes money bag and envelope containing remaining money to department vault following specified procedures.
8. Attends and participates in meetings.
9. Performs miscellaneous cleaning and stocking.
10. Performs duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Experience in assisting and presenting a friendly image to the public.
3. Ability to operate cash register and coin changer.
4. Ability to complete paperwork and balance revenue in a shift.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSStanding Constantly (66-100%)Finger dexterity Constantly (67-100%)Seeing Constantly (67-100%) EOE M/F/Disability/Vet