Come work for an organization where everything matters.
Part-time positions working 24 hours per week, Night Shift/7pm-7am, Benefits Eligible, Weekend and
Looking for candidates with BSN
RN Hospital experience preferred
Starting minimum payrate: $26.19/hr
~~~BRAND NEW MED SURG UNIT~~~~ Opened March 2018
H07A is a 32 bed Med/Surg. unit that cares for children of all ages who are
seen by general medicine; need orthopedic, urology, plastics, and ENT
surgery services; or require care for special pathogens. We have an
interdisciplinary team that focuses on the care of these children and their
The Staff RN assists patients to move rapidly, uneventfully, safely, and as
effectively as possible through their episode of care. The Staff RN prescribes
delegates, supervises and provides patient care, plans for education,
collaborates on plan for discharge and provides for patient safety and quality.
Demonstrates competencies defined (*) in the Staff RN responsibilities in
providing age-appropriate care to patients from the age of birth through 21
years, and select adult patients.
*1. Uses nursing process, evidence based practice and unit specific
a. Complete the admission assessment.
b. Document a plan of care including patient outcome parameters and nursing
c. Delegate patient care.
d. Evaluate patient care and patient’s response/progress.
e. Reassess patients and revise plan of care as appropriate.
f. Supervise patient care.
g. Plan discharge.
h. Plan, provide, delegate, and evaluate patient/family education.
i. Collaborate effectively with all health care disciplines to facilitate patient
* 2. Communicates patient care needs/expectations/priorities to assigned
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Patient Care Assistants (PCAs), unit
coordinators, and allied health personnel.
* 3. Effectively relates and interacts with patient, families, and health care
*4. Effectively manages patient care through one or more of the following:
a. Prescribing, delegating and coordinating care for patients.
b. Care conferences
c. Clinical rounds
d. Charge nurse responsibilities
e. Other coordination activities
f. Organizing and prioritizing care
g. Managing prescribed physician orders.
5. Maintains professional standards by setting professional goals and
participating in activities to meet goals.
6. Adheres to unit/department budgetary standards.
a. Performs daily staffing, scheduling within budget parameters.
7. Participates in unit maintenance activities:
a. Pyxis and charge data collection.
b. Infection control activities
c. Point –of-care testing
d. e-Chart education
e. Safety and Quality activities
8. Participates in Patient Care Services and Hospital activities in one or more of
a. Policy/procedure review and revision.
b. Helping Hand review and revision.
c. Committee attendance and participation
d. Patient/family advocacy.
e. Shared governance.
9. Participates in educational activities in one or more of the following:
a. Peer review
b. Serves as a preceptor/clinical resource
c. Orientation and continuing education
d. Clinical competency assessment
e. Planning and presenting classes.
10. Accepts and supports change in a positive manner.
11. Participates in research, patient safety and quality improvement activities.
12. Practices professional nursing in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Licensure: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
2. Current CPR certification. Must be willing to obtain and maintain NRP and
PALS certification as determined by your manager.
3. BSN; Associate degree with commitment to obtain BSN within 5 years of hire.
4. PALS: within one year of hire for PACU RNs
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Typing on computer Constantly (67-100%)
Using phone Frequently (34-66%)
Sitting Frequently (34-66%)
Standing Occasionally (0-33%)
Lifting Occasionally (0-33%)
Walking Frequently (34-66%)
Must be able to independently lift up to 35 lbs.
Must be able to move or reposition patients of any weight or size with the
assistance of another person(s) and/or equipment.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of
work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so
classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to
assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.