Full Time, Monday - Friday, Benefits Eligible
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
The Administrative Support II is responsible for performing moderately complex administrative duties for assigned departments including but not limited to: effective communication and skilled interaction with employees and hospital staff, drafting correspondence, using PC and software specific to department, working with management and department leads to arrange details for department initiatives. Works under general supervision.
1. Prepares correspondence, documents, reports, and other materials which may be moderately complex or confidential, sometimes requiring independent judgement. Schedules appointments for departmental staff.
2. Responds to inquiries. Screens calls, visitors and letters. Provides information as appropriate, routing complex inquiries for appropriate action.
3. Provides additional secretarial support to others, as requested/assigned.
4. Establishes, maintains appropriate departmental records, procedures, and documentation. Sorts, files and distributes documents and supplies as necessary.
5. Researches and compiles data for reports and tables.
6. May be required to maintain departmental Time and Attendance System for department.
7. May occasionally provides assistance in training of less experienced personnel, direct the work of others, arrange transportation and/or accommodations.
8. Operation of computer with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate; business college coursework preferred.
2. A minimum of two years secretarial experience.
3. Word Processing, database management, spreadsheet, and other related computer skills necessary. Ability to learn and utilize computer software to perform requested work assignments and projects.
4. Experience in a health care setting desirable.
5. Must possess good skills in organization, planning, documentation, and time management.
6. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Sitting for extended periods Constantly (67-100%)Talking on the phone/in person ConstantlyTyping on a computer keyboard ConstantlyStanding/walking Occasionally (0-33%)The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.