The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining Partners For Kids population health programs and initiatives, and care coordination activities. The Quality Outreach Coordinator works with PFK staff, hospital staff, Medicaid Managed Care Plans, and community agencies to arrange for and/or connect PFK members to needed services.
1. Supports population health program initiatives through outreach activities (calls to schedule needed services, reminder calls, etc.)
2. Supports care coordination activities, including post discharge calls to families of children in the PFK population after an inpatient admission (from any facility) and emergency department diversion interventions
3. Supports disease management programs, including scheduling, data entry, report generation and distribution, and communication with internal and outside entities.
4. Interacts with Medicaid managed care health plans on needed data exchanges, including daily discharge reports for post discharge calls, results of post discharge calls, emergency department diversion activities, daily disease management reports, etc..
5. Researches patient eligibility and capitation status with regards to Medicaid managed care health plans via Medicaid and health plan web portals.
6. Obtains accurate demographics when contacting PFK parents/caregivers.
7. Create and maintain reports for tracking metrics regarding success of project productivity.
8. Establish and maintains open and professional demeanor and communication with departments and physicians whose services could be impacted by PFK's quality care initiatives.
9. Assist in the training and development of new employees.
10. Open to learning new opportunities; adaptable to change.
11. Show respect to the authority of others.
12. Display a positive attitude and discusses decisions and policies in a positive, problem solving way.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
14. Shows discretion in regards to physician and patient confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Bachelor's degree preferred, with background in health care, public health, or related clinical field a plus.
2. One year pre-registration, admitting, or customer service experience.
3. Ability to work with the hospital's electronic medical records system.
4. Keyboarding/typing, data entry skills; and computerized scheduling experience preferred.
5. Familiarity with spreadsheets, data tracking preferred
6. Excellent customer service and communication skills; bi-lingual a plus.
7. Ability to work and problem-solve with minimal supervision; ability to adapt to change positively in work flow and process.
8. Ability to understand and retain complex and quickly changing information.
9. Knowledge of the impact of managed care trends on hospital operations.
10. Familiarity with medical terminology.
11. Health plan utilization management, health services, or customer service experience a plus.
12. Ability to function as a team member responsible for staffing operational hours (flexible schedule-some evenings may be required).
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Sitting Frequently (34-66%)
Talking on phone/in person Frequently (34-66%)
Typing on keyboard Constantly (67-100%)
Standing/walking Frequently (34-66%)
Lifting up to 25 lbs. Occasionally (0-33%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.