Full Time, Benefits Eligible
Hours can vary, but must be 3rd shift
10 hour work days
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
The Central Distribution Specialist works under the supervision of the Central Distribution Manager and is responsible for maintaining the efficient flow of the activity in the front office in Central Distribution. This position coordinates and performs the daily functions for supply and equipment distribution for departments. The Specialist acts as a liaison between department leadership, support staff, vendors, and customers to fulfill supply and equipment requests, resolve incorrect orders, pyxis supply station concerns, product recalls, shipments, and place specialty equipment and supply orders. This position notifies departments of order status and advises them of problems and delays on their orders as needed.
1. Reconcile patients on Pyxis twice daily
2. Restock paper in printers
3. Responds to tube system requests
4. Answer phones from 7am - 3pm M-F
5. Manages Handheld Ordering System & maintains templates, ordering processes, and policy and procedures
6. Pyxis Operations & assist with the maintenance, troubleshooting, and dispatching of repairs.
7. Window walk-up service
8. Fills orders
9. Assist with Pyxis reports
10. Assist with keeping the department compliant with JC, ODH, and CDH standards.
11. Data entry of equipment and supply transactions
12. Keeping the Front Office organized and clean.
13. Invision charging for patient charge items
14. Orders specialty supplies
15. Pricing for specialty supplies and homegoing orders
16. Dispatching calls to MT's for STAT and ASAP requests
17. Mail sorting
18. ADHOC Cycle counting
19. Pyxis weekly archives
20. Complete Bed Rental requests for PO #'s
21. Call in Hill-Rom beds
22. Call in broken rental equipment
23. Notify Bio-Med of incoming rental equipment to be inspected.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
High school graduate or equivalent required. Good typing skills required. Knowledge of supply distribution and materials management terminology.
Must be courteous to all customers both vendor representatives and employees visiting the Central Distribution Department.
Needs to have the ability to remain calm when dealing with a variety of tasks at the same time.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, hear and see.Lifting up to 50 lbs.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.