The Institute for Genomic Medicine (IGM) at Nationwide Children’s Hospital is creating a future that integrates genomics into the everyday practice of pediatrics. Led by a team of internationally-renowned genomic medicine scientists, the IGM is housed in the campus’ newest research building, spanning ~25,000 square feet of laboratory and office space in a highly interactive setting.
We’re looking for a candidate to join our Data Management team, within IGM, as a Business Analyst to support the development and implementation of a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS). The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for gathering functional requirements from end users (e.g., genomic scientists, laboratory directors/managers and laboratory technicians) and translating those functional requirements into technical specifications for the development team. The Business Analyst helps create the vision of how the requirements overlay onto the LIMS product – for both out of the box functionality and custom development needs - to produce a cohesive solution that streamlines lab processes and ensures the ability to manage, track, and database genomics data within the LIMS.
• Lead the requirements gathering from IGM laboratory personnel, managers and directors.
• Create high quality functional requirements documentation, including technical and user requirement specifications and LIMS standard operating procedures.
• Translate requirements and workflows to LIMS project manager and development team.
• Manage expectations around system functionality, propose alternatives where needed and proactively manage requirements sessions towards completion against project timelines.
• Maintain close communications with the LIMS project manager and development team to explore alternatives to maximize the use of out of the box functionality.
• Work closely with the LIMS vendor to ensure seamless integration.
• Participate in the integration of laboratory instrumentation with the LIMS.
• Participate in the integration of external enterprise systems with the LIMS.
• Assist with analyzing and document “As-Is” business processes and propose optimized To-Be business processes.
• Create and deliver training and materials to end users for the LIMS implementation.
• Implement and maintain the effectiveness of the LIMS.
· The knowledge normally associated with a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field is required.
· 2-5 years of applicable experience is necessary.
· Experience with LIMS implementations and/or laboratory informatics software implementation and/or enterprise software implementation.
· Familiarity with regulatory requirements (CAP/CLIA/BAP, FDA, CFR 21 Part 11, etc.) is desired.
· Solid understanding of laboratory processes and methods.
· Experience with electronic lab notebooks, statistical analysis software and laboratory instrumentation is desirable.
· Highly organized, creative and motivated, self-starter, excellent written communications and presentation skills.
· Strong understanding of Information Technology and enterprise information management solutions.
· Ability to juggle multiple tasks, establish and manage competing priorities and work independently.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.